First I want to start out by saying that I live with an alcoholic in denial of his problems. We have two babies together... one is two and the other is 9 months. I need a answer on what is the right thing to do for not just me but the mental welfare of my babies.

My husband and I met in highschool. We reconnected after I graduated and he moved to Alabama. We lived together for two years (I know...) and got married at the age of 20 and 22. He joined the Army and that is where the hellstorm began. He is a part of the 82nd Airborne which is no secret to have a ton of alcohol problems. His father is an alcoholic and recently lost his second marriage due to this. His children struggle in school and have obvious emotional issues. Seeing the same pattern in my husband frightens me because over my dead body will my children have to go through this like they did.

Last year I left my husband when I was pregnant with my second daughter and went and stayed with my parents. I filed for seperation. I eventually talked to him and demanded him go to AA and Anger management before I would even consider putting myself or my girls at the time through this. Before I left he said the meanest things you could think of.... "ill pour boiling water on you".... "Your such a worthless piece of ..." When I left him he burned my dresser (the only thing I have of my dead grandmother), destroyed all my cloths, and pawned some of my jewelry. I took him back knowing all this hoping that he changed and would not drink again.

For the first 5 months I had a hard time getting over everything but I didn't ever bring it up. He didn't drink but he still would get very mean. In May he was deployed to Afghanistan and when he returned... his old tricks started up again. He drank a 6-12 pack a night. The second week he was home he asked me for a paterninty test for my daughter because she doesn't look like him (this is a disgrace to me because I have been so faithful to him). A few weeks ago I found vodka in his car and found out he was drinking before work and during. I approached him with this and he told me that "He is only with me for the kids he is not in love with me. I am more trouble than I am worth. And the classic if you didn't nag I wouldn't have to drink." His brother came to visit us and told me when they went out to eat he hit on two married women which he vigoriously denies. I can't blame everything on his drinking because he can be very mean to me even sober. His words are like daggers.

In my heart I feel so conflicted. I feel like if I say he will not change and I am subjecting my babies to a life I do not want them to have. I have begged him to do AA again and quit drinking he refuses. I put a two beer limit a night. He sneaks around it and yesturday I found out he is drinking at work again.
When is enought enough? I want to follow Gods will and I know he hates divorce but when a person doesn't want to change and chooses the bottle over his family is there any logical reason to stay? Please pray for me because I love God and don't want to go against him. I want to do the right thing... whatever that may be.