I am a British Christian woman living alone in Luxor, Egypt. My story is a long one that I don't really want to discuss but right now I feel as though I have lost all hope of anything ever changing. I need to work to stay here but currently I don't have any work, I was teaching English, (I am not a qualified teacher). I currently have no money and can't really afford to live here, even though it is so cheap compared to the UK. I can barely find the money to buy food. I can only pay half of the rent for February, so no hope for March. The Landlord is very understanding, which is a saving grace. But as my very unhelpful Christian friend here said, well it will mount up and you will owe more! I don't have a lot of Christian fellowship here. Anyway I have been trying to find work and have taken my CV to various places. I am struggling in the depths of depression and feel that I just can't be bothered anymore, like the fight for life has drained out of me! I feel lonely all the time. My best friend that I had here has left and gone back to USA, 3 weeks ago, this has been so hard for me to deal with. I have given up on life and haven't been out of the flat for 2 days. I have some Egytpian friends (not Christians), but they are all in the same boat really because of the economic situation here, at least they have family in the same Country. my family want me to return to the UK, but know that I would feel just as depressed there as I do here. I believed that God brought me to Egypt for a reason, but I am at a loss now to know why I am here and what I need to do!