Philippians 2:12-13
KJV(i) 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

YLT(i) 12 So that, my beloved, as ye always obey, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, with fear and trembling your own salvation work out, 13 for God it is who is working in you both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 We should try to make with people before we give those instructions, strangers are less likely to listen to us but friends are likely to listen. There may come a time we are separated from those who taught us we need to keep all that we have learned close to our hearts and continuing learning by the scriptures. We do not work for our salvation but our works show our salvation. Jesus saved no one so they could do nothing. We as Christians need to obey the God that saved us, if we are not we need to ask ourselves if we made God our Lord.

13 If we have Christ, God will work thru us change us make us more like Him and less like the world, He will even change our desires. We will want what God wants of us. This change happens at different times for different believers, God has to work some thru more than others and it takes more time because of this and other things. We should know if God is working thru us and others should be able to see the change as well even if they have no faith in Him.