Acts 3:1-10King James Version (KJV)
3 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:
10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

Acts 3:1-10Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour (three o’clock in the afternoon),
2 [When] a certain man crippled from his birth was being carried along, who was laid each day at that gate of the temple [which is] called Beautiful, so that he might beg for charitable gifts from those who entered the temple.
3 So when he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked them to give him a gift.
4 And Peter directed his gaze intently at him, and so did John, and said, Look at us!
5 And [the man] paid attention to them, expecting that he was going to get something from them.
6 But Peter said, Silver and gold (money) I do not have; but what I do have, that I give to you: in [the use of] the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!
7 Then he took hold of the man’s right hand with a firm grip and raised him up. And at once his feet and ankle bones became strong and steady,
8 And leaping forth he stood and began to walk, and he went into the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.
9 And all the people saw him walking about and praising God,
10 And they recognized him as the man who usually sat [begging] for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement (bewilderment, consternation) over what had occurred to him.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 These were two of the disciples of Jesus and both apart of His inner circle within the twelve. At this time the church was Jewish based so they all could meet at the temple they would be forced to leave even before having Gentiles come to faith; Gentiles were not allowed in the temple as Jews were. The ninth hour is about 3pm, this shows they took time out in the middle of the day for prayer before going back to work and finishing.

2 This man was born without the ability to work. People who could not work had to beg for money and would do this at the temple where they were most likely to have people help them; they did this because they had to. The man may have not been able to enter the temple because people may have viewed his condition was a result of sin.

3 This man would have asked any body for alms which was the money of the day. He most likely did not know who John and Peter were because if he did he would have gone to Jesus earlier to be healed.

4 This showed him attention not just thrown down a few alms and left but made it personal. To show love to people we not only need to help them in ways we can but show them attention.

5 The world expects things from the church but what we have to give is something they do not know they are missing but is something that allows them to live. The most important thing we can give is the gospel so they can come to Faith.

6 The Lord has not blessed everyone with wealth; Peter does not offer to sell his house to help this man but instead gives him what he really needs and wants to be able to walk to be healed. Our power comes in the name of Jesus, without Him we have nothing.

7 The man was healed; Peter looked past the temporary need of money and met the need that was permanent. We all have needs but often times we can not see that they could be met but He can met all our needs. Jesus is our strength.

8 We need to walk with Jesus not with this world which has us sitting around like the lame man begging and never really having our true need met, our need for salvation but thru Jesus we can walk on the paths of righteousness. We should always speak praises to the Lord but truly coming from our hearts.

9 People will be able to see how we are truly trying to bring praise to the Lord.

10 People will wonder about us because they do not have what we have but they will see the change in us.