Acts 5:37-39 King James Version (KJV)
37 After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.
38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:
39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Acts 5:37-39 Amplified Bible (AMP)

37 And after this one rose up Judas the Galilean, [who led an uprising] during the time of the census, and drew away a popular following after him; he also perished and all his adherents were scattered.
38 Now in the present case let me say to you, stand off (withdraw) from these men and let them alone. For if this doctrine or purpose or undertaking or movement is of human origin, it will fail (be overthrown and come to nothing);
39 But if it is of God, you will not be able to stop or overthrow or destroy them; you might even be found fighting against God!

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

37 This was probably during the time Jesus was born. This man got a big following. He died so they went away, they no longer had someone to follow.

38 If God was not in it then it would not be something to worry about this goes for all things even if they stay in time it is clear if they are truly of God or not, at this point it was being questioned about Jesus’ disciples. If things have been around along time but do not point to God then they are kept around because of the evils of this world that God has allowed to stay for His greater plan.

39 The things that are of God can not be stopped and we are foolish to try to stop them. The disciples all would die but the Faith is still strong today because our Lord lives.