Numbers 18:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Behold, I also have given thee the charge of mine heave offerings of all the hallowed things of the children of Israel; unto thee have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to thy sons, by an ordinance for ever.
9 This shall be thine of the most holy things, reserved from the fire: every oblation of their's, every meat offering of their's, and every sin offering of their's, and every trespass offering of their's which they shall render unto me, shall be most holy for thee and for thy sons.
10 In the most holy place shalt thou eat it; every male shall eat it: it shall be holy unto thee.

Numbers 18:8-10 Amplified Bible (AMP)

8 And the Lord said to Aaron, And I, behold, I have given you the charge of My heave offerings [whatever is taken out and kept of the offerings made to Me], all the dedicated and consecrated things of the Israelites; to you have I given them [as your portion] and to your sons as a continual allowance forever by reason of your anointing as priests.
9 This shall be yours of the most holy things, reserved from the fire: every offering of the people, every cereal offering and sin offering and trespass offering of theirs, which they shall render to Me, shall be most holy for you [Aaron] and for your sons.
10 As the most holy thing and in a sacred place shall you eat of it; every male [of your house] shall eat of it. It shall be holy to you.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 They were not to inherit land; they were inheriting God’s service. It was just as important if not more important to have God’s service then it was to have land, the temple once built when it was taken it was proof that they had been conquered.

9 The offerings were important and they were to treat them as important as they are. When we are given tasks to do towards service for Him we should treat them as serious because they are, we are serving the Lord this is important and very special.

10 They were the going to gain their food from the offerings given, they were going to gain their food from what was given to God, if the nation stopped following God then they would not have ate, they were fully dependent on the Lord, we should try to be fully dependent on Him as well.