Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Pray For Me
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
chelebelle
I have a drinking problem. I have the shakes so bad I don't know if I can even go to work today, but I am going to try. I left God a few years back when something horrible happened and I couldn't believe God would allow me to suffer like that. Then I met my soon to be ex husband who says he's a Christian but he doesn't treat people very nice so that totally turned me off of any sort of religion. I need God's help in a big way. I want to come back to him and have some peace in my life. I don't want to drink any more. My last drink was 5pm last night and I can't believe I have the shakes so bad. Please pray for me. Thank you.
Glen
Hi! We're praying for you. God will help you. All you need do is let Him in your life...Not some religious ritual, but a living relationship with a loving God. as to your "ex," there are many who claim to be Christians because they go to some church or were raised in one, but church or religion don't make you a Christian...only God does...and only when you sincerely ask Him into your life. He will help you. Start looking for miracles.
DestinylovesJesus
My heart goes out to you and your situation. Have you thought about going to a rehab? I know how hard it is to go through physical withdrawals from drugs and alcohol and have problems to deal with on top of it all. Since alcohol withdrawal can be life threatening, if you went to a treatment center you could be monitored by nurses and cared for until you were physically and mentally able to start your recovery. If that is not an option for you, I seriously think you should go to a hospital emergency room or see your doctor right away so that you can be under medical supervision. Please, I know about this personally, you would be doing the best thing if you chose to get help. The Lord opened doors for me during a similar time in my life and He has given me the strength to stay sober. I know God will see you through every detail of this crisis in your life and you will be in His care. I am praying for you.
chelebelle
Thank you so much Glen and Destiny for your responses and prayers. I haven't drank since last Sunday-yay! I don't want to drink- but I find that I don't trust myself. I work 10+ hours a day as a manager, very stressful job, and last week I had a very stressful day and decided on my way home to get some wine as a way to "destress" and have some fun. Well, it was no fun at all and it just made me hate myself. I don't want to get into that position again! I really need God's help to stay sober and be someone my kids can be proud of instead of ashamed of. Thankfully I think the withdrawal period is over, my head is clearing somewhat so I won't need to go to rehab but I'm thinking of going to some kind of program to "commit" more because I need to be accountable to someone other than myself. I have to remember the shakes I had, the weekend I wasted not getting anything done, the falling down and risk of hurting myself badly- and the self hatred is the worst. Please continue to pray for me that I don't do something stupid because I have a feeling if I do it would be really bad next time. I don't want to drink!!! Thank you!
Glen
I think you're right that you've "detoxed." I also agree with the idea of a program and accountability. As old-fashioned as it sounds, AA is still very good and very effective. As you know, the higher power the modern programs keep referring to, is God. You're already a few steps into the program, so now would be a good time to start attending meetings. God will help.
soulfulheart
Recovery is a life long process, at least it is for me, but there is one who will deliver you. You have already reached out to him and now others are reaching back in response to his move on their hearts. My prayers will be added to those who have already responded so don't lose hope, even when the demons come to call again, becasuse they will. Just know that as powerful as the forces against you are, they do not hold a candle to the power of the risen Lord. A Soulful Heart
zbaby1
One day at a time. I pray god gives you the strength and will power to move on.
I hope you do find some kind of group to go to, talk to people.

God helps us anytime, lows and highs.
He has not forgot about you.
Lean on him. He will hold you up. Pray.
When you want a drink or get an urge go pray.

Go do something.
Steve
chelebelle,
You keep it up and continue the good fight. I am so proud of you for having the courage to face this and to quit the drinking. In this world, we are all plagued with some kind of addiction and many people never find the means to break the habit. You've taken those first difficult steps and it would help to get involved in a real support group (locally). There are many wonderful groups out there -- many are sponsored by your local churches. And you'll find that having people to talk to will help you stay sober and you may even help other people. Just ask God to help you daily and He will shine through you to be a comfort to others.

You are so brave. I'm praying for your continuing recovery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.