Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help Me Keep My Son
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
MaryClare
I know the power of prayer is very great. I have tried to pray for this on my own, sometimes fear stops us from asking for others to pray with us.
I am living in the UK - I moved here after a traumatic seperation from my husband who can be quite violent, my son came with me. My son said he would kill his dad if I left him there, he is a teenager and now strong enough to fight back if he needed to.
The reason I am asking for prayers is that although my son has legal rights to an ancestral visa, he has been refused one, wanting to be with his mother is not reason enough. I spoke to the authorities and it appears that even though he is abused by his father they think he should not be here.
I live in fear every day not knowing what to do. England is my home now, I can not return to Africa, I have nothing to return to.
In trying to be legal I have opened a can of worms. I just want to be legal and to know that no one will take my son away from me.
God you allowed me to give birth to my son. Please show me what your wish is for our future.
Lord I ask that it become clear to me what it is you want us to do, with your help I know things will work out for the best.
Phil
Hi MaryClare,

Although I do not suffer the same pain as you, I too am struggling to keep what is dear to me. I have found a lot of help and support from this site. It helps me vent, to let my emotions out. I pray that your son will be with you and that this will work out.

I have never been a strong Christian, but I have grown and learned over the last few years. God is there and he is speaking, sometimes we just don't know how to listen.

I'm praying for you!
Phil
Glen
Hi MaryClare! We'll be praying for you. A Scripture came to mind as I was reading your post, "the heart of the King is in the hands of God." I recommend you keep working with your government because God may honor your persistence. If the UK is anything like the US, the first answer from the bureaucrats is almost always "no." With persistence, you can often get to someone who actually thinks about what they are doing. Once you do everything possible with your government, you can rest in the fact that God will control the outcome. Even if that means your son goes back, know that God goes with him.

When I was 18, my alcoholic, abusive father, in a drunken rage, threw his bottle at my mother, hitting her in the mouth. This was the last straw in 18 years of witnessing his violent stupors. I knocked him out. Though he drank in the future, he was never violent again. Sometimes God takes us through trouble instead of away from it. But, He takes us, none-the-less.
MaryClare
QUOTE(Phil @ Jan 30 2007, 02:29 PM) *
Hi MaryClare,

Although I do not suffer the same pain as you, I too am struggling to keep what is dear to me. I have found a lot of help and support from this site. It helps me vent, to let my emotions out. I pray that your son will be with you and that this will work out.

I have never been a strong Christian, but I have grown and learned over the last few years. God is there and he is speaking, sometimes we just don't know how to listen.

I'm praying for you!
Phil

Thank you Phil and in return I will ray for you and what is dear to you.
If you believe it can it will happen I am just having some wobblies.
That is why I need at this moment in my life to ask for rayer.
Thank you and blessings
MC
MaryClare
QUOTE(Glen @ Jan 30 2007, 03:09 PM) *
Hi MaryClare! We'll be praying for you. A Scripture came to mind as I was reading your post, "the heart of the King is in the hands of God." I recommend you keep working with your government because God may honor your persistence. If the UK is anything like the US, the first answer from the bureaucrats is almost always "no." With persistence, you can often get to someone who actually thinks about what they are doing. Once you do everything possible with your government, you can rest in the fact that God will control the outcome. Even if that means your son goes back, know that God goes with him.

When I was 18, my alcoholic, abusive father, in a drunken rage, threw his bottle at my mother, hitting her in the mouth. This was the last straw in 18 years of witnessing his violent stupors. I knocked him out. Though he drank in the future, he was never violent again. Sometimes God takes us through trouble instead of away from it. But, He takes us, none-the-less.

It is said God will never put us in a fire that is too hot for us to handle.
Doubt sometimes creeps in - thank you for sharing.
Yes I need to give my self over and be led again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.