Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost Our Jobs And Our Health Insurance.
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
Sandra
My husband has been under the care of a doctor since November 2006. The company we both worked for just recently terminated us. We have lost our jobs and livelihood. He still can't drive a truck and I can't drive and leave him at home. We need prayers. We also need direction from GOD as what to do. Thank you for listening. Sandra
Glen
Hi Sandra! I'm so sorry this has happened to you. We'll be praying for complete healing for you husband and for God to provide for you in the mean time.
Ariel
Dear Sandra,
Boy do I know your situation in that I too was injured on the job and lost pretty much all hope of being able to provide for my family agian. I'm here to tell you that you can have faith in God. He can and will answer your prayers. As far as insurance is concerned there are programs designed for individuals as ourselves. Did you take Cobra when you were terminated? if so you then have some good options. If not then check in the state where you reside for gauranteed insurance programs for people like you and me. For livelyhood be ready for change. Where one door is closed another will open. It is a time to be ready to listen and to be positive and open to the new direction that WILL come your way. Don't let the enemy take your peace in Christ but stay focused on His promises. I pray right now that the Lord open a door for you to a new direction of income and lively hood. I'm thinking perhaps there may be something for you that is in your heart to do that you may have not believed in before. Stand in faith and go forward as best you can.

your brother in Christ,
Ariel
Steve
Sandra,
I lost my job last July and still haven't found employment (I'm in an area that was affected by Hurricane Katrina and the job market is awful). I know exactly what you're going through and will pray for you and your husband. There's so much uncertainty at a time like this, but I have tried to stay strong and trust in God. Over the past 7 months, God has provided for my wife and I and He will provide for your family. Although I haven't found a job yet, we keep getting help in small places (financially). God is helping us -- I'm certain of it, because I can't explain where the money is coming from -- it has to be Him. I got on some basic health insurance (nothing fancy) and have cut back on our spending a lot. We have had some lean months, but God keeps us going. I've also had some serious health issues that are ongoing, but I've been able to go to my doctor and get the medicine I need. His grace has been sufficient.

There are times when I'm angry and times when I cry my eyes out. Some days, it doesn't seem like He's listening, but He is. I don't physically hear His voice or the Holy Spirit moving me, but I have a sense of peace, when I really should be panicking. I think when we ask God for important things like jobs, it takes a while, because God is moving people around. He's making a place for us and sometimes it just takes a while to get things in line like He wants them. He uses people and quite often they don't want to do what He wills. I often think of it in this way: I might have lost my job, so my salary could be used to save someone else from losing their job (maybe they really needed to keep their job). Maybe God moved me to benefit someone else's life and because He needed me to be somewhere else. So right now, He's leading me to the place that has been prepared for me...for His glory, not mine. I'm not saying God works for HR or anything. LOL. I just think God nudges us along to help us grow...and He's always thinking way ahead of us.

We all are subject to the man-made events that affect our lives (like layoffs and other road blocks). But we rely on God and He intervenes and helps us when we ask Him. That's the advantage that we have over non-believers who have no relationship with Him. God does intervene with prayer and He's got some wonderful things in store for us. It may be different than what we expect, but He knows what's best for us.

It will all work out. Just put your trust in Him.

Sincerely,
Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.