Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adultery
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
nudge0768
I just want your all prayers and support as I have in the past committed an adultery but I have repented of my sin and walking closely with God however my past just keep flashing back to me and I can't seem to stop these thoughts. I am praying ernestly to Lord to help me to be an overcomer and therefore please pray for me that I will be an overcomer
Glen
We will pray for you. Thoughts of past actions are common, even after God has forgiven us. Sometimes it's the enemy trying to keep us from God. If you go to prayer each time the thoughts return, they should subside. The devil doesn't want to push us closer to God.
NZNikki
I am also struggling with the aftermath of an affair. It ended a year ago and I foolishly never imagined it would be THIS painful or damaging. I repented and turned back to God about four months ago and He has been very near, very there for me. Still, I struggle hugely with the emotions that remain in my heart for the man, and wonder if I'll ever be in one piece again. I would like prayer for the depression and desperation that threatens to swamp me at times. Thank you all.
Glen
We'll be praying for you, too. God will heal you...just rest in Him and take all those feeling to Him.
star7
if you you cheated..its not meant to be..and if you have a sexual problem...its on you and let them be free of you!!!!god wants the best for us..and he would not sent a sexual problem on his children..so get help..cause its common sence if you love them..you wont cheat on them!!!thats not from god...lets candy coat anything...if its a meant to be you wouldnt do it..move on.
Glen
Now, Star, the fact of the matter with regards to adultery is, as with all sins, God's mercies are new every morning. He can and will help these people if they are sincere. It isn't for us to say "it's on you." There's plenty "on" us! It especially isn't for us to say, "move on."

It's clear God is working with these folks from their posts. Let's not get in His way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.