Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ready to leave fear behind
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
drawingboard
I need prayer about this. For many years I have sufford from OCD and anxiety, fear. It has made me afraid to do things that were in my heart and to trust. I am afraid of people giving me advice for fear of what that means(like if they see me as an ignorant person) or if they see me bad. This has been habitual for many years. Now this is a situation that must change. Recently I got saved by Christ and suddenly my fear flared up and got out of control. I love God and what he is doing in this world, but I have a worry within me daily that keeps me in emotional pain. I have a very hard time controling it because I don't know specifically what worries me. I have no idea why I worry and just walk around in pain. I am just now ready to give this problem over to God. I developed scrupolosity, which is a so-called mental illness that causes you to think blashphamous thoughts about God without wanting to. Thats what happens when worry takes your mind, it has you thinking anything and you have no more controll over your own head. I thank and praise God for keeping me through this all because I could have been dead, even more sick I thank Him for watching over my life and loving me through this whole ordeal. Thank you Lord!! I'm still standing through this, I should have been dead. But He keeps on keeping me alive even though I did not have the power to stop it.
I want deliverance from everything that I have fear for. Phobias in particular. I have a voice to sing for God and thats my calling and I have a phobia that tells me that I cannot sing and makes me afraid to do solo's.
I really am a sing for the Lord and I was afraid to sing because of fear but I am being lead to do His will and leave fear behind. Pray for me, my marriage, that I can see how much God really is for me than I do. I want to trust Him and see how much he loves me. So that I may be healed by His love for my whole being. I desire to live in His complete protection forever.
Glen
Hi! I love your screen name because it seems to depict the stage in your life (ie back to the drawing board). I feel a strong connection to your issues because they are mine. For 20 years, my fear and anxiety kept me from fulfilling the calling I had as a teen for singing, ministry and leadership. Finally, God called me back and reminded me of His call.

In my mid 30's, after 20 years of cigarettes and booze, I finally began. First in Senior centers, then small church meetings, large, major events. I even had the lead in a children's musical. I've spoken to crowds over 1,000 and sung before hundreds...even my family (the most frightening venue). I'm not saying this to brag, but to encourage. At the beginning, I made terrible embarrassing mistakes, but God used them to encourage others to try. He doesn't waste anything you offer, mistakes, sin, everything will be used for His glory.

I'm very excited for you. I pray you witness, as I have, people moved to tears by the Holy Spirit through your voice. I pray you see hundreds and thousands brought closer to God because God used your first fearful, hesitant steps to move mountains. You're far from ignorant. What you are doing puts you into a special group of Christians. I'm excited God led you to be part of our forums. Please keep us posted on how He's using you. We'll be prayin'.
Daalmonette
Dear Lord,
I see a great Strength so built up in thid person it's wanting to burst forth! I do pray so strongly that this person finds the strenth that they need, thru You, to overcome any fears the enemy has bound them by. Anything negative or doubtful (esp. thoughts about one's self) I believe can harm the soul, the temple that You built. It can wear us down long before we are passed on, and then we are just a shadow of ourselves. Let the joy and excitement of the Holy Spirit fill this person. There will be NO room for fear or anixety to rest. Lord I pray that the voice, talents for singing, given by You are utilized and bring others to Christ. Sometimes a voice from Heaven isa right here on Earth. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

I need prayer about this. For many years I have sufford from OCD and anxiety, fear. It has made me afraid to do things that were in my heart and to trust. I am afraid of people giving me advice for fear of what that means(like if they see me as an ignorant person) or if they see me bad. This has been habitual for many years. Now this is a situation that must change. Recently I got saved by Christ and suddenly my fear flared up and got out of control. I love God and what he is doing in this world, but I have a worry within me daily that keeps me in emotional pain. I have a very hard time controling it because I don't know specifically what worries me. I have no idea why I worry and just walk around in pain. I am just now ready to give this problem over to God. I developed scrupolosity, which is a so-called mental illness that causes you to think blashphamous thoughts about God without wanting to. Thats what happens when worry takes your mind, it has you thinking anything and you have no more controll over your own head. I thank and praise God for keeping me through this all because I could have been dead, even more sick I thank Him for watching over my life and loving me through this whole ordeal. Thank you Lord!! I'm still standing through this, I should have been dead. But He keeps on keeping me alive even though I did not have the power to stop it.
I want deliverance from everything that I have fear for. Phobias in particular. I have a voice to sing for God and thats my calling and I have a phobia that tells me that I cannot sing and makes me afraid to do solo's.
I really am a sing for the Lord and I was afraid to sing because of fear but I am being lead to do His will and leave fear behind. Pray for me, my marriage, that I can see how much God really is for me than I do. I want to trust Him and see how much he loves me. So that I may be healed by His love for my whole being. I desire to live in His complete protection forever.
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.