Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help To Cope
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
sam
I really need prayer. My world has just fallen apart. I have been struggling at work for the last few weeks. I work with challenging families and abusive men. The job is very draining but fulfilling. I have been struggling with work mates and internal politics. While all this has been going on I have been in a steady relationship of 4years (or so I thought) with Andy who is my best friend. On saturday I received a txt message from a women who had also been in a relationship with my boyfriend for the last 3 years. She had only found out about me because she had suspected him of having an affair with the receptionist at his work. Since saturday I've been in shock, he has confessed all, he has been leading a double life and also had an affair with the receptionist. Does this sound made up to you? believe me I wish it was I'm destroyed everything that I believed to be true the whole of the last 3 years was all a lie. I had to tell my children that Andy wouldn't be coming back, my youngest boy adored him and they are hurt. I don't know what to do, I know I can't stay in the relationship he is not stable enough, found out from the other woman he was abusive to her and took drugs, she got the worsed of him and I got the best. It's not about forgiveness I know he's ill, it's about hurt and grief. I have just lost my best friend and I feel so lost. I know that God is in this I know it sounds mad but I know if I hadn't have found out it could have been so much worse. I know God is protecting me, he could have turned nasty with me. I just feel so empty, unlovable and totally betrayed. I feel like my heart is broken and although my very shocked friends tell me God doesn't expect you to give something up if He's not going to replace it with something better I can't take it all in.

I've had to phone in sick at work as I am too upset to work with really damaged people so I feel like I'm letting them down as well.

Please pray for me to feel God's hand on me reassuring me that it's going to be alright and directing my steps because I am so lost. I want it all to go away and for me to wake up and it all be ok again. Please pray for Andy I do still love him even though God has told me to let him go, he's ill and only God can make him whole and well.

sam
Glen
Hi Sam! I'm so sorry this has happened. I know there is nothing I can tell you that will make things seems better right now. Let me just say that We'll be praying for your whole family and for Andy.
Maddy
Sam

A note to let you know that you are in my prayers

Maddy
Deb
Hi SAM

Just remember...no problem or person at work is as important as your children.
And, no problem or person at work is too much for, or bigger than God.

My heart and prayers go out to you.
drawingboard
Hi Sam

I want to encourage you that this too shall pass. There are times that we get hurt by others and ourselves but God is never going to leave you nor forsake you.
I want you to know that God is with you, he loves you, and is on your side and will give you the strength and courage to enjoy your everyday life. What the enemy means for our bad, God means for our good!
Deb
Hi SAM,

Just wondering how you are doing. I pray that things are getting better for you, all the way around.
God is there for all of us, no matter what. He loves us all, and is there for us, when we ask for His help.

God bless you,
Deb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.