Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Afraid Need Prayer Help
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
RUDY
I suffer from fear.

When I was a kid I saw a demon. I later heard the demon laugh at me. I was a very frightened child.

For all practical purposes, I assure you I am quite sane. My life has been largely blessed though I struggle with my occupation for fear. I work in health-care and am constantly seeing people who are sick and dying. So all I talk about is death and disease.I have become self-conscious about this-obsessed and despondent.

If I could just deal with reality and not be so obsessed. I have lost the ability to feel joy. I have even thought of myself as an insect.

I fear that what I am experiencing also has to do with the entity I mentioned as much as with psychology. I am very up to date on psychology.

I found a show (the positive mind) that helps me a great deal. I am certain it may help anyone. You can PM me for the link.

Once before i was so depressed, I actually did art. But all the anxiety has made me scatter-brained and not able to focus-anxious.

I just ask that you pray for me so I can feel less paralyzed.Fear paralyzes me. I cant seem to finish things or make decisions.

Please help me with your prayers. I believe there are three angels near me also. I wish i could get some real touch from god. I wish he would help me. Send me the power of God.

Thank you all.
Glen
Hi Rudy! I'll pray for you. I was terrorized by what I think was a demon almost 40 years ago. I let my fear separate me from the one Person who could help me...God. Once I returned to Jesus and committed all my ways to Him, He took my anxieties away. Perfect Love (Jesus) destroys fear. By the way...He's more powerful than demons. Every time you feel you're afraid or harassed by demons, just go to Him in prayer.
RUDY
Thank you Glen that feels good.i will pray for you also.
Steve
Rudy,
Glen is correct about going to God in prayer about this. The devil uses doubt and fear as weapons against us. I believe we are confronted spiritually by the devil and his demons quite often, but on rare occasions they may physically manifest themselves to frighten us. Paul talked about this struggle in his letter to the Ephesians:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." - Ephesians 6:12

The apostle John wrote about "testing the spirits" and provides some insight on the matter:

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood."
- 1 John 4:1-6

In my life, I have encountered some things that are supernatural in nature. Some people would call these "ghostly encounters" or "poltergeist activity" but I don't believe in ghosts or hauntings. However, I do believe in spiritual visitations, whether it is from God's angels or the despicable demons. The Bible says that we have "entertained angels without knowing it" (Hebrews 13:2) and I believe that those visitations are God-ordained. Angels are sent to test us, they are messengers, and they are our protectors. I believe there is spiritual warfare all around us that we don't see (angels vs. demons).

I also believe that demons try to make themselves known. In the past, my wife and I have seen green lights floating around our home and we've heard voices (this was about 10 years ago). Since I've been unemployed, I have seen a lot of scary things happening around my home. In November, my wife and I saw objects get knocked off of tables and I heard voices whispering in Greek. The climax to this activity was when I saw a dark-shadowy figure in our master bedroom. Needless to say, these things had a malevolent feeling about them and they generated fear and anxiety. Rudy, I know what you mean when you say "I assure you that I am sane" because talking about these things does sound crazy to other people. I think this stuff happens more often than we realize, but people just don't talk about it. Personally, I believe my wife and I were under attack by these demons. We've had a lot of difficulties in the past two years and I think we were being targeted. I'd go into further detail about our experiences, but I don't like to give them any credit for their pathetic work (failures).

However, in the cases I mentioned early, my wife and I took this to God and prayed about it. In both sets of activity, it ceased after God helped us (10 years ago and the recent events). I believe God gave my wife and I the strength to resist the fear that they were generating. I also think that God sent us the protection of his angels to drive the demons away. In addition to this, I confronted the demons with scripture and rebuked them with God's help. I basically walked around my entire house, quoting scripture and asking God to help me drive them away. The Bible says to "resist the devil and he will flee from you." Since then, we haven't had any more activity. And I praise God for this.

I do believe that demons are attracted to us during times of sorrow, depression, and anxiety. They like to kick us when we're down and make us scared of life. Rudy, just take your fears to God and He will rid you of them. I know that your occupation gets you down sometimes and you're often surrounded by death and sickness. It's not easy to work in that field and in my book, that makes you one of the bravest people that I know. Death and sickness are just part of life, but you need to expose yourself to joy and happiness to counter that. Ask the Lord for joy and He will bring it to you. I'll be praying for you Rudy, so that God can bring you happiness for your service to the sick and needy. I also hope that you can get back into your art work and find some peace in doing that again.

Give me a shout if you need some help. I'm a graphic artist and I'd love to see some of your work! laugh.gif

God bless you.
Steve
RUDY
Thank you Steve. I use to be physically active. Todya is a sunny day and it is finally 80 degrees outside.Yet i feel cold and cannot muster enough motivation to do anything.Just feel very tired. Hopefully something will give and help me get out of this slump.I really appreciate your help.

Ironically, instead of support from those around me, I get criticism. Just sinks me deeper. But I think I see some glimmer of light. Excuse me for my rantings.
Steve
I tell ya what. I'm about to finish up lunch and get outside -- because it's a beautiful day here too. God's given us a wonderful day to enjoy, so let's make the most of it. Go get some fresh air and talk a walk with the Lord. I'll do the same, because I need a day out too. I'm praying for ya. smile.gif
Glen
Rudy, let me tell you something about exercise. It floods your body with endorphins, strong chemicals that ease anxiety and put you in a good mood. Any time you don't feel like exercise is when it will do you the most good. I just got back from 2 hours of yard work and I feel great. I promise you, any time you don't feel like it, if you will take a walk for 30 minutes, you'll feel like it by the time you're done. God will help you with this...especially if you move out in faith, expecting Him to be there if you fall.
RUDY
Thanks glen.I will do some exercise today for sure.Think Ill go for a long walk or something a bit later. Thanks again.
Deb
HI rudy,

Glen has given you excellent advice here.
Give all your fears to the Lord, let Him take them on for you. Let go and let God.
Just wanted to let you know, that my husband and I will be praying for you to feel a calmness through the Lord.
In His hands,
Deb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.