Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying To Have Faith
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
resonance
I just started on this site and I don't know how much detail I want to put into this, but here it goes: I was baptized in the fifth grade, and I feel sure that it was a legitimate acceptance of grace. I came to the decision alone in my bedroom while reading a book in which the character himself had asked Christ into his heart, and for the first time I realized that I needed to do the same.

Skip ahead some ten plus years or so. I haven't been a very 'good' christian, so much so that most of my friends have no idea that I am. Aside from reading a lot of C. S. Lewis and constantly pointing out the religious implications behind Lord of the Rings I've hardly 'evangelized' at all. And my life itself has far overshadowed any conceivable positive effect that any of that might have had. But I recently met a girl that I was immediately drawn to, for superficial reasons at first, but since I've come to realize that she's a really good person on top of being a christian and it's put my life in perspective. Over the last year or so I had already gradually been coming to terms with what I have considered the 'evil of this world' and intellectually resolved that I don't want to be a part of it, but until I met her I haven't had the strength to change much of my behavior, but now I have started to.

I haven't told her about any of these changes, and to be honest we've hardly had any in depth conversation over an hour long at all, and none of it was about religion. Let's just say her life itself and the peace she has has preached to me more than most words ever could. And now I'm trying to change honestly, whether or not anything ever happens between us, and I've honestly prayed that God's will be done concerning this situation instead of mine.

And now here's the twist - now, after I've met her and started to genuinely try to live by faith, I've suddenly been hit with a trial. It's medical in nature, and I don't want to go into a lot of detail for personal reasons. The truth is the doctor told me it wasn't much of anything and not to worry, but I'm a bit of a hypocondriac (is that how you spell it?). Anyway, I know I should have faith and I also have heard that the prayers of other christians can move God to act, so in the end I guess that's what I'm asking for. Pray for healing if God wills it, or if not pray to give me hope and strength for whatever I may face and to let me bear it in the way He would want me to. I don't know what power is truly available to me, but I am willing and hoping to be surprised.

So much for keeping it short. Thanks.
Glen
We'll pray for you. I'm excited for how your life will be blessed. I see a willing, humble heart and an attitude that puts God in charge. No matter what direction things turn, I believe you will see miracles. There is no one God loves more than you, and no one more deserving of His love. Keep looking for those miracles.
gina r
I will pray for your healing and for God's will and his favor in your life. God Bless you, Gina
resonance
Thank you both. It's hard sometimes to really believe that God has our best intentions in mind. I do feel better about things than when I first wrote that request, but I still need help. I guess that's one of His lessons, that we always will need His help. And it seems like problems only seem bigger the more often you look at them.

Thanks again
Maddy
Hi there

Firstly I would like to note that I found your comments to myself and others an inspiration, you are very in tune with your faith.

Since the doctor has noted that your current illness is not serious, then simply believe him! You will be fine, nothing to worry about.

I will pray for you to find the peace of mind you need in order to appreciate your health, and I know you have a bright future

Maddy
resonance
Thank you very much smile.gif Sometimes I think I talk too much, so I might as well use it for a good purpose, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.