Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will The Sun Shine Again Soon?
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
searchingforlove
All happened in the same week- I lost my job, A man who I really started having feelings for decided to go back with his ex-girlfriend, my daughter and her family moved away to another state. I'm very sad. Since I've been on my own for over 12 years, I keep going through hardships that bring me such pain. I feel sometimes God is punishing me for getting a divorce. I'm in search of happiness. Please Pray.
resonance
I'm what most people would consider pretty young (25), so my own personal experience isn't quite up to par, but I think I can give you some hope in another way. My parents got divorced in high school. It was pretty messy and was practically all my dad's fault. He had been having an affair for several years and the whole thing nearly crushed my mom. Soon after, both me and my sister had to leave for college and she went through a period of very deep depression. But she stayed true to God, and one day she met someone else. At first she was afraid to let him get close to her, but after about a year they became very close and soon got married. They act like little kids around each other sometimes, and I'd have to say that he's better for her than my own dad was.

So keep hope, but don't look to get attached quickly. Remember that if God has it in His plans for you to find someone you will as long as you earnestly seek His will. His own words say so -

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
- Jeremiah 29:11
Glen
I will pray! If God is leading you to sorrow over getting a divorce, just ask His forgiveness and help to find a meaningful relationship. As resonance implied, I don't believe He's punishing you, but He may be wanting you to learn something from the divorce that will benefit you in some way. We'll be praying...you keep seeking Him and His answers. I believe miracles are about to happen.
drawingboard
God is with you and I am going to pray for you.

Isaiah 43:2 says
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.

Everything that has been lost God will also restore but the next time you get them they cannot be lost because anything that God truley gives you man cannot take away---Jesus is on your side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.