Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Heaven And Your Love Ones!
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Faith Questions-Knowing God
PHCmission
From the Holy Bible, Can anyone tell me if you will know your love ones in Heaven?

God is good, all the time; and all the time, God is good!!!

Daniel
Glen
Great question! Here's my understanding of it from the Bible...

1. The Old Testament clearly suggests you will know your loved ones in heaven. The phrase for death used for Moses and others is "he was gathered to his people."
2. The new Testament even makes it more clear.
a. Jesus often referred to conversing with past leaders and prophets (specifically) about things to come.
b. Jesus used the "bosom of Abraham" as heaven in an illustration in the parable called the "Rich man and Lazarus." In the parable, the rich man (in hades) clearly saw who was with his father Abraham.
c. Paul says, though "we now only know in part, when we're with God in heaven, we will know completely, because we will be like Him."

That's the only Biblical evidence that comes to mind. Let me know if you need Scripture references, but I'm assuming you can find them as easily as I can.
PHCmission
Glen

That is what I think. Also what Jesus said on the cross to the thief.

God is good, all the time; and all the time, God is good!!!
Daniel
BlessedBee
Hello Everyone, Here's my thoughts for what they are worth.

Although I can't point to specific scripture on this, it's always been my impression that we will recognize each other in heaven. From different teachings I've read, we all receive new, perfect, glorified, immortal bodies; we will appear ageless (I'm imagining we will all look like adults in the prime of life), and we will have no signs of any physical imperfections we may have had here on earth. I believe our personalities will remain intake, as God originally made us who we are. I believe our spirits will recognize each other even though our physical appearance will change.

I mention appearing ageless because I was always taught that God and the other heavenly creatures were ageless. I find it hard to imagine that a child who dies in infancy will remain an infant for eternity, same for any human age -- of course, this is just my limited imagination talking. biggrin.gif I guess if I had my druthers, I'd rather go through eternity as a vital, beautiful adult than looking like a sea hag --but, whatever God wants is okay by me.

God Bless All.

ReneM.
semi
I have an incredibly hard time remembering Verses by Book, Chapter, & Verse Numbers. The reason is that to understand the Verse I render it in my mind paraphrased. Then when I try to use the concordance to look it up, I can't find it because I don't recall the exact words it uses.

Glen pretty much nailed the Verse I would have cited and for that reason I have not posted on this thread until now. Daniel also cites a good one logically where-in Jesus said "TODAY you will be with me in Paradise".

To that I'd like to add one of those Verses that I can never find but I know it's there because I've seen it many times. It is the one that says that "to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord". Another is Ecclesiastes 12.7 where-in it states that when a person dies, his spirit returns to God Who gave it.

Shalom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.