Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John 3.17
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Faith Questions-Knowing God
semi
This is a small matter perhaps but it troubles me sometimes that John 3.16 is oft quoted but no-one ever finishes it. This Passage is not complete without John 3.17 to wit:

“- for God  sent  not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world  through Him should be saved.”

This ties it into Matthew 7.1-2 and represents the underlying theme of the Book of the Revelation.

It is a very telling part of the Advent of Jesus - for when He came nearly 2000 years ago, He did not come at that time to judge the world but when He returns He will very definitely come in the power of judgment.

Also, if you recall the casting out of “Legion”. those demons said “It is not yet the time” and so in casting them out, He allowed them to enter instead a herd of pigs.

Owen
I read that recently as well. The demons knew, even Satan acknowledges that in Jesus was the Son of God. So they obviously know what will happen in the end. I don't really know personally, but I'm sure the Son of God coming is going to be quite a large thing, and He will be coming for different reasons than how He came before. That's a little bit exciting, if you are on His side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.