FORGIVE ME LORD... For making promises to you because I wanted something, When all i had to do was ask For losing faith when my prayers were not answered right away For not obeying your commandments, when I was aware of what I was doing For not appreciating my blessings, but complaining about what I did not have For not being a good parent, when i knew better For holding a grudge against someone who hurt me, and seeking revenge For lying in order to get my own way For judging someone and not expecting you to judge me For only remembering you to ask , never to give thanks For knowing the difference between right and wrong and choosing wrong For allowing myself to feel jealousy and being mad when it was felt towards me For feeling satisfaction when someone I did not like was not doing well For doubting that you hear my prayers, when I know you did For not forgiving and expect to be forgiven For not being satisfied with what you have given me For not being happy and blaming it on the world For not loving myself as you love me For straying from you and expecting you to be at my beck and call Forgive me Lord Teach me how not to stray Give me peace Strength Most of all shed your merciful love over me covering even my shadow so I shall never walk In darkness and live within your light. AMEN. Connie Rodriguez