Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small But Unmistakable
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Answers And Miracles
weakandhopeful
I guess it's the little things that count - or so they say. This happened quite awhile ago, but I remember it quite clearly.
I was sitting in my room reading, and I heard my mom and dad discussing something in the adjacent office room (I'm 19 years old and live with my parents) - they began to look for an important piece of paper. My dad went downstairs to look and my mom tore the fil cabinets apart looking for this document. After a few minutes of frantic searching, she began to curse loudly in frustration. I closed my eyes and prayed that God would reveal the missing paper my mom was looking for so she would stop cursing. A few seconds later, I hear my mom exclaim, "Found it!" and I distinctly remember thinking "Wow, that was fast - thanks God." and I laughed. It was wonderful - small, but yet another illustration of how God constantly works in our lives.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. (Eph 6:18) Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Th 5:16-18)
Glen
Praise God! You're exactly right. He's done a thousand little things like that for people I know...so many, I know they were not coincidence. Others may think we're whacked, but we know Who is up to it. At times when I face big faith challenges, it's these "little" things He's done that give me the faith to go on. As David said, "God helped me kill the lion and the bear, He will help me with this Philistine."
luck4mike
I'm with you, there is no such thing as coincidence.
semi
We here have had MANY blessings that for the unbeliever are mere coincidences. But isn't is ironic how they just happened when we needed them?

Shalom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.