Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just When I Thought It Could Not Be Worse!
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
Connie
I know you all that have prayed for me know my situation, well today it just got worst. Two years ago my husband had a very painful surgery and was prescribed oxycontin for pain he became very addicted and it almost caused us our marraige he became mean aggressive violent and ignorant to all except his pills. Well i found today that he is taking them again. Normally he is a considerate and kind man. Lately he has been mean and frustrated I believed it was the stress of all our financial problems, now i realize its because he is on them again. He has not been supportive and just refuses to confront problems which is not like him, but now I know its the drug. He swore never to do this again and he lied to me I feel betrayed and used. I am thinking of just leaving and going on with my life because if he does not care about our marraige enough than I am wasting my time. I need guidance and advice. God is putting me through some hard tests, I do not want to fail. I just do not know how many more bad situations I can be put through before I break physically and emotionally. Help ME PLEASE!
semi
Coonie -

It is not your husband who is disregarding his promise, or your marriage - it is the drug. You HAVE to forgive him. Is he a good husband without the drug? There's your answer.

God help you and your family and all those effected by all this - In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Shalom.
Glen
On one hand, I'd sympathize with your husband, understanding that the stress of your situation was probably too much for him to bear. On the other hand, I know what addiction is and can do. A gentle hand isn't what an addict needs if he's going to quit. I do know you will never dig yourself out financially if he remains addicted to drugs. I couldn't advise you any further, but will pray God gives you the right course...seek his guidance.
katcol
Coonie,

I realize that this seems really hard right now and you just want all of this to stop.
You need to take comfort in knowing that God is there and he is waiting for you to stop looking at the circumstances and start to trust in him.
God is your COUNSELLOR, PROTECTOR, HEALER, he is the answer to the truth.

You know what a counsellor is and often we turn to man to solve our problems or to talk to and have them respond back. We need to confide in eachother so dont get me wrong. We need to help one another, but we need to God and wait on him before we go to others.
I am not trying to be harsh with you, I just want you to know that because you are a Christian you have the POWER of Jesus Christ within you to help you through this. Jesus Christ is your strength to get through this. Jesus Christ is your wisdom to get through this. He already did everything for you to live. You must see that you need to live, that is why Jesus came to this earth. Not just to show us how to live, but to also die to take away all of the sins in this world and give you life, freedom, love, support, truth, patience, understanding. You may not see it now, but understand that you will see it.

God will bring you through this. Do not loose hope in your husband, pray for your husband, stand up against the enemy that is trying to destroy you, your marriage and everything else he can think of, even your trust in God. Shout it out in the name of Jesus that you will not put up with the enemies hold on you and your husband and your life. Let the enemy know who is boss and let him know that you are a child of God that will stand firm in your belief.

The drugs, the lies, the behaviour, the financial situation and everything else that you have been through is not a test. These are the lies that are trying to keep you from focusing on God, and fullfilling what is rightfully yours.
THIS IS THE ENEMY!!!! Are you going to let this thing tell you what to do?

Please rely on God, he is listening, he is there, he loves you, he wants you to succeed, he wants you to be happy. Rest in God and know that he is God and
HE WILL help you. Please read Psalm 23:4( I have included it at the bottom of my email). I know that you feel like you are walking through a valley of turmoil, sadness, darkness, never ending pain. I know all about this and I care deeply for you as you are apart of my heavenly family. God will bring you THROUGH it, not leave you there, but bring you through it.(Psalm 23:4) I am also here for you and I will pray for you. I went through many a turmoil myself this summer and I can honestly say that because of what I have learned, my relationship with God is much deeper, and my life has been restored to what God planned for me. I stand firm against the Enemy and I want you to know what I had learned. I want to share it with all to show you God's glory, mercy, grace and love for you and everybody else. May the light shine down upon you so that you may receive the peace. Claim the peace in your life. Jesus gave us peace as a gift when he left us. It is yours, it is your gift. Now open up that gift and receive it.( John 14). God bless and know that you are loved.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Katcol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.