Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's There?
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > General Interests And Fellowship
semi
If Jesus were to knock on your door...

How would you know that it is really Jesus?

dibin
When I read this question the first answer that comes to my mind is that when you open the door and see a face and two eyes then you can be sure that it is jesus. I believe that jesus can be seen everywhere around you . you can see him walking next to you , sitting near you in the restaurant or bossing you in the office. It is just the way you look at him . we never recognize him because of our ignorance . I believe that there is no bad guy or satan . it is either knowledge or ignorance . when you see a drop of the knowledge we feel that person is good and when there is the absence of it we feel that he is bad. But if you look carefully I believe you can see jesus in everyone and so we are all different but united by a great bond.
I am not a learned person neither an expert in anything so please forgive me if I am wrong .
semi
Forgive you? Forgive you , dibin?

No ! It's 50 lashes with a wet spaghetti noodle for you.

The question is intended to make you think. Which it did.

While you might think you see Jesus in those you believe you can trust and perhaps not in those you don't trust - yes that is maybe the way we tend to think.

Truth is whatever we do to another it is the same as if we do it to the Lord. Jesus said, "Whatever you do unto one of these little ones, you do unto Me".

So if we think to be mean, imagine that other person is suddenly replaced with Jesus even as you are cussing him out. Makes one re-think things a bit.

But that's not really the point here,

To reframe the question: if Jesus Himself should suddenly appear in front of you, how would you know that it is really Jesus and not one of Satan's kingdom pretending to be Jesus?

I see this question as being at the very core of all this foolish concern over the so-called "Antichrist".

Why? Because if we are truly Christians, then why would it in any way make us fearful?

The answer is: It shouldn't. The reason is quite simple and it is expressed in the Bible.

Shalom.
Deb
Good topic, Semi!!
Making people think, that's great! I think, if we look hard enough, we might be able to see Jesus in most everyone, especially when we least expect it. It may be in hindsight, noticing that we might have just had "contact" with Him, but He can be seen through so many people, as He works through others for His good.
GodsSpirit
QUOTE (semi @ Oct 31 2007, 11:10 AM) *
If Jesus were to knock on your door...

How would you know that it is really Jesus?

The spirit of God bears witness. Just Like the Angels who walked into Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot saw them as Angels and the wicked towns people saw them as men. But when The Angels that went to Sodom and Gomorrah left Abraham's tent, Abraham saw them as three Lords.

Genesis 18
2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,
3 and said, "My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant.
4 Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree.
5 And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant." They said, "Do as you have said."

22 Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord.

Genesis 19
1 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground.
2 And he said, "Here now, my lords, please turn in to your servant's house and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way." And they said, "No, but we will spend the night in the open square."

4 Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house.
5 And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally."

semi
Please excuse me for not responding before - but for some reason this site program has not been letting me post since July 16 I think it was (it's been way over a month I know). It did let me start a new Thread once though. Even now, not everything works.

Godsspirit -

You are basically on the right track. What did Jesus say about this?

Shalom.
Seeker100
QUOTE (Deb @ Jul 23 2008, 05:49 PM) *
Good topic, Semi!!
Making people think, that's great! I think, if we look hard enough, we might be able to see Jesus in most everyone, especially when we least expect it. It may be in hindsight, noticing that we might have just had "contact" with Him, but He can be seen through so many people, as He works through others for His good.

Good post. I believe that Jesus is in everyone we meet and we can serve Him there as He is love for others.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.