Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Need For Fellowship
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > General Interests And Fellowship
Papillion
Hi all,

This is my first posting here and am hoping to find some true fellowship here. The Holy Spirit called me out of conventional church due to so much corruption and false teaching I experienced. I learned so much from reading Scripture and learning to trust the Holy Spirit in teaching me. All of our answers truly are in the Bible but we need the Holy Spirit as the key to wisdom for understanding. Since a year I have had times of loneliness though and it seems a bit like there is no more pure fellowship anywere. I am talking about Christians getting together at home or at a coffee house to share Christ and let the Holy Spirit work in each person's heart and mind.

I am a stay at home mom with a toddler and don't have much social interaction and usually that is fine but there are times that I just would love some fellowship...the edification of the church because the church seems to be changed now and sounds the same everywhere you go.

I am looking foward to fellowship here!

In Christ Jesus I pray His Will be done and His Kingdom come...soon ; )
Glen
Welcome, Papillion! As you probably know, there is a huge difference between churches and the Church. You can see from screening the forums, we get fellowship on many subjects. Near as I can tell, now one has been anything but sincere, which is more than I can say for the churches I've served in as a pastor or just attended. I think you probably had trouble with the teaching at churches because you read the Bible. It's a lot easier to accept modern sermons if you don't know what they're talking about. Usually, the sermons are "whatever their itching ears want to hear.' Success in ministry seems to be measured by the size of the building, the budget and the staff, rather than by the number of changed lives. As you can probably tell, the Lord called me out of there, too. Glad to have you as part of the fellowship. Please feel free to share what you're seeing in your Bible study and what you're experiencing in life.
semi
Papillion -

Welcome to Web-Church.

The church is often called the body of Christ which expressly means the entire number of the Anointed ones. But as a "body" as compared to a single human body, we as members there-of are like so many cells that make up toes, fingers, ears, etc. because each of us serves a slightly different function.

In the same way, what is important to one Christian's focus is not necessarily the same as another's. It is logical that this should be so, because God has each of us in a different place and serving a specific function not precisely like any other's. For that reason, if some other Christian is saying something a little different which we are not comfortable with, just remember that maybe that's where the Lord has that person at this time so we must be slow to judge.

In like manner, if you study at home and are learning more, that's not surprising. Yet, there are some things that come from the podium that perhaps you would never think of studying completely on your own. So, it is good to study "alone" with the Holy Spirit, and it is also good to hear what others are saying from time-to-time and the Holy Spirit will quicken that which is important to you.

If you are longing for fellowship such as you want some other like-minded people involved, then I suggest that you start a home study with some friends whom you know share much of what you believe - even if only one other person. Sometimes even that is a sorting-out process.

I agree with you that much of what is being taught - especially with regard to End-Times Prophecy is false. And many sermons are "feel good" sermons which seem to say that where you are is good enough.

Shalom.
Papillion
Thank you much for the replies...it's refreshing. I have been searching for a biblically sound church home and have not yet found one. Like I said in my original post, I am looking foward to this online group. Online is where I've found the most bible-following Christians...ironic really.

Thanks again and I'm gonna go check out some other posts...

Peace and Love,
Papillon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.