Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Out Of Touch With God
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
faithandhope
Hi,
Please pray for my wife and I. She is in chemical depedency treatment and I am very supportive, but miss her and asking God to help her through it. We are both Christians, but stress and troubles have made me feel like I am farthest from God that I have ever been. I ask that God return her to me soon. I know he has gotten her this far and loves her.
Thank you for your prayers.
God Bless all.
Glen
Hi! We're praying for you both. She made the right decision to get treatment. When she comes back, be ready for her to be different than you're used to. As she became dependent on chemicals, you became used to her on chemicals. It may mean she's a little more or less sensitive of you than before. Embrace the change and don't try to fit her back into your old lifestyle. Look at it as an adventure. Keep us posted on how things are going.
Linda
Hi, dear friend!

Thanks for writing and being so open about your need for God at a time like this. I pray that you will use this situation for good and draw near to God and lean upon Him as you seek His face. He is ready and able to meet each need of yours and your wife's. Things like this don't have to draw you away from God. They can actually bring you closer. "Come to Me, all you who are burdened and heavy-laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30).

I'm glad that your wife is getting treatment. May God bless and keep you.

Loving Him,
><Linda>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.