Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Round
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
ajbs
hello all ....well,Im back yet after another failed attempt ..hmm ......do not know,well actually I do ..last time I was here I went from heavy heavy drinking of everything and anything to clean for about 2 or 3 months ..then just had a beer here and there .. then more and more and well here I am again ...which being here is not a bad thing when I say again ... I should have never left .....once again I have hurt loved ones/one .... not just emotionally but physically and that has scared me ..really scared me ...it is as though the devil came out of me ....Im a firm believer in GOD,JESUS ...I go to church,I read the bible ...etc ... but,what has happened ??I lost control of my anger ..indeed the drinking has something to do with it ....I am going to my 1st ever aa meeting monday ....I am scared .... scared of what is in store for the future with everything .I need help .....I pray that JESUS will be with me stronger than ever ........Im lost ....GOD BLESS
Glen
Welcome back! We're praying for you. A sober life can be frightening immediately after quitting. Your story reminds me of one Jesus told, about a woman who got rid of one demon and cleaned up her house, only to make room for seven more to come in. As you go one day at a time, make sure you're open to God replacing your addiction with positive, productive activities that fill the void your addiction leaves. As scary as this time is, you are on the verge of the greatest, most fulfilling adventure of your life. Resolve to live every moment in Christ, sober.
semi
Breaking any habit is never easy. Whether it's alcohol, smoking, drugs, or food; anyone who has a serious habit cannot have "just a little" because the next time it is just a little more ("just this once") and then a little more until one is back in the same shape he was before - maybe worse.

May the Lord strengthen you to make the right choices and bless your efforts with the AA, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Shalom.
ajbs
hello all !! just wanted to give a heads up that I went to my first aa meeting last night ...much learned about others experiences ..as well as sharing mine.perhaps Ill be smarter this time and stick with the plan ...also,very strange but one of my best friends attended it with me ....similar problem as well ....I keep prayin ...and thank you all for the same ...THANKX ...Ill be back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.