Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help Me?
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
pictureofnewlove
I am 16 years of age. I know I am too young to be going through these problems, but I am. My ex-boyfriend broke up with me because I was being "controlling" and "mean". He was right, I was. I was trying to make him perfect, but he isnt, no one is. Especially not me! I have been suffering for days. I've been asking to talk to him, he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I've been calling and he won't pick up! Did he really love me? I know we are only 16, but I love him so much.
Please pray for me, I am so sad and upset. All I can do is cry.

Please give me some advice?
Linda
Dear friend,

I'm not a counselor or pastor, but I'd like to try to help you out with some kind of advice. First of all, welcome to web-church. It's no accident that you ended up here. You will be supported in prayer by lots of faithful prayer warriors.
I think that, since you are not making any headway calling your ex-boyfriend, it would be a good idea to give that a rest and let him have some space. During that period, whether you agree with him about the "mean and controlling" thing or not, just give the whole thing to God and ask Him to make you the woman of God He created you to be. Cry out to Him; it'll get you way further than just plain crying. The Bible says that the Lord heals the brokenhearted, which you are right now. He knows and He's been there.
Ask God to guide you in the relationships you will form throughout your life and let Him heal your heart as you place it in His hands. Distancing yourself from your ex-b.f. may or may not change the relationship, meaning he may or may not "pick up" and come back to you. Whatever happens, ask God to cross your path with the man He has in mind for you and to mold you and shape you as you journey through your teen years and into womanhood.
God bless.

Loving Him,
><Linda>
semi
I think Linda's advice is about as good as it gets. Usually, whether a guy calling an estranged girlfriend or the other way around as in your case, the more one calls the other the less that other wants to talk.

I am male and I went through this very same thing in my teens and twenties, repeatedly. One just moves on - often simply to do it all over again. But at some point one finds a mate that is harmonious and before one realizes it he is walking down the aisle.

The bad thing is with all the disappointments, one sometimes gets calloused and un-caring. I urge you to cling to your humanity - asking the Lord to strengthen you to eventually be in that situation best suited to you.

Shalom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.