Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Would Like Prayer
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
Lilly
Hi, I am so glad I found this site. I am going through a really hard time right now, and really need prayer. I am a college student and am still at home with my mom, and sister because of the expenses of having my own place. I am struggeling with my mother and sister, as they are very mentally, emotionally, and verbally abusive. I want to keep myself healthy, but at the same time, I don't want to disrespect my mother or hurt my sister in any way. I try to continue to be respectful and loving towards them because I know that is what God want's me to do. I know that God is with me every day, and I know it was His will that I find this site.
Thank you all,
Lilly
PL8TO
Hi Lilly,

I sympathize with you, as I also grew up in a very abusive home. I can understand what you must be feeling and respect the way you are handling the situation. I will pray for your strength and endurance during this difficult time, and also that God may open up a door that would allow you to be on your own as quickly as possible. Try to surround yourself with as many possitive, Christian influences as you can when you are not home to help fortify yourself. It may help. And I will also pray for your mom and sister, that they may be moved to seek God themselves. Most likely, their mistreatment of you comes from their own sense of worthlessness.

God bless you in your life, and in your studies!!
Lilly
PL8TO,
Thank you for praying for me and for your words of encouragement. I believe the Lord is leading me to find a place on my own, as He has made it possibe for me to be able to live at the dorms at my college. I am planning on leaving this summer; I feel torn though because I feel guilty. When I try to talk to my mother about leaving she either gets really angry, or says I don't love her and other things that make me re-think leaving. She knows that I am leaving because of the abuse in the home, although she does not look at it that way. She and my sister both deny any responsibility to the abuse in the home, and that makes it even more difficult to deal with the problems.
I started college a year ago, and will be finishing out my first year in a few months, I go full time. I think that going there has helped me a lot, because I have been out of the home, and in a better environment.
Thanks again, God bless,
Lilly
Glen
Hi Lilly! I'm praying for you. Keep working at your school and keep believing in God. Thank you for joining us. I think it was no accident, as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.