Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Struggling
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
cookies537
Hello,
I have been through several bad relationships that were very unhealthy. I have been left broken-hearted many times and since then I have trust issues, as well as very low self-esteem. I am going through a rough time right now because the one man that treated me good broke up with me recently. I am struggling with the idea of being alone and I get myself in situations that I shouldn't be in. Every weekend I usually go out and drink way to much, which leads to me bringing someone home. Sex seems to be a comfort for me and I find myself sleeping with people that I don't even care about. I am only 20 and I have already had 18 sexual partners. I watched a movie about a sex addict and it made me question myself. I did some research online and found that I have similar symptoms to a sex addict, I think about sex daily. I long for that closeness and to be loved. It never came to my mind before that I could possibly have a problem. I grew up in a Christian home all my life and I kind of lost my way once I came to college. I could use some prayers.
Tina
Hi there

It does sound like you need some prayer. I will pray for you.

Love
Tina
semi
Mmm. I think you are longing for love and are substituting sex because for the duration it is as if you are loved.

Lord, Please help Cookie with her problem, please send her a faithful and loving man, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Shalom.
Glen
Hi Cookie! It does sound like you should look into sexual addiction recovery. I'm praying for you. If you let Him, God will help you value for yourself more, which will lead to recovery. I'm praying for you to see yourself as He does...His precious, favored child.
cookies537
I thank you all very much for your prayers and understanding. It is extremely difficult to fess up to something such as this topic because I am ashamed and fear others will judge me. That is why I came here because I really didn't know where else to turn too.

I will be going away for the summer to spend some time with my family and while I am there I am going to meet with a Christian counselor to try and get some help with this issue. I think being around people who love and care about me will be a breath of fresh air, which is something that I desparately need right now. So please pray that I can find a good Christian counselor who will be understanding and help me through this rough time. Once again I really do appreciate all of you who took the time to pray for me. Your prayers and words of wisdom have given me hope smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.