Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Struggling With All Of It
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
OJO
I have spent 17 years of my life working for the military and government. I considered myself a war fighter. I felt I was doing right. Protecting innocents and taking out the bad guys. Time came to change my life. I begged God to let me have a life, a family, a new career. Now I go from fighting wars to selling life insurance cause there is really nothing else out there. I keep an eye open for new jobs but nothing. This job is paying me nothing cause I can't seem to sell. I wonder if He is not done with me fighting wars. I don't care about having alot of money, I just need to be able to pay bills. I am looking at heading back to war. I just want to understand what God has in mind for me. Am I being tested here? Am I just on the wrong path? I do not know what else to do.
take care and God bless,
OJO
Glen
Hi OJO! I'm not sure from your post what prompted you to make such a major change so far along in your career, but if God led you to leave the military and government, don't let me interfere with that. I did the same thing 19 years ago. I've never made half the money in real dollars, but God has always made what we had work. If it isn't that God called you to a new career, it strikes me we could use all the moral people we could get in the government.

It's important when asking God for help to be open to whatever kind of help He sends us. I'm not sure what you mean by "nothing else out there" but selling life insurance which is paying you "nothing." I suspect you may not be open to the full array of opportunities or a large enough "out there." In our area, even fast food is paying $ 10 per hour for unskilled workers. With no pay and $ 500 a month required to support this ministry, my wife and I bought books at garage sales and sold them at Amazon. Within 3 months, we had built our income to $2,000 per month. I had a friend who left a grocery career and started mowing lawns. A few years later he had 3 crews and was netting $ 100k per year. I could go on, but I think you've probably gotten the point.

Paul wrote, for us to do whatever we do with all our heart, as though we're working for God. Col 3:23 Now, even if we're sweeping floors or digging dirt, God's going to honor us if we're doing it for Him. I'm sure you have many skills you can use after 17 years with the government. I'm also sure God has just the right opportunity to give you if you're willing to go where it is and do what it is for His glory. We're praying for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.