Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looks Aren't Everything....
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
sindy002

I just want to get your opinions on something someone asked me.

If you pray and ask God for a mate, would he send you someone you're not attracted to at all?

Or, say if you prefer a man with a light complexion, would he send you a man with dark skin?

William
ok I can speak from experience on this one. If God sends you someone then you are meant to be with that person and you really will not care what they look like and you will very likely see beauty in them that they cannot see themselves. You will not care about minor things like skin tones and hair color. It is difficult for people to believe it who have not experienced it. For example my wife does not think she is attractive but I swear when I look into her eyes I could get lost there.

Little things just wont matter and you will see beauty within them that will dwarf anything else.
sindy002
Thanks William. I appreciate you. biggrin.gif
daughterofzion2011
If you are earnestly seeking the Lord for a life partner/the bone of your bones, he will send you the best person for you. the one that complements in every area. Speaking from experience, I remember some years back, I prayed to the Lord for him to send me my rightful husband, I wrote a list of the characteristics (e.g he must be handsome, a professional, college graduate, a christian etc) I wanted in the person and set it before him. Every week, i prayed on that piece of paper and interestingly enough, a month or so later, I met a guy who had more than half of the xteristics i asked God, right there and then, I was like, this is from God and decided to pursue the relationship to the point of getting married to the guy. That was the biggest mistake of my life, prior to marriage, I never really heard the Lord speak to me that he was the one, I just assumed he was from God. At the end of the day, his true colors appeared and i lost 3 years to that relationship. Believe me, after that, I learnt my lesson.

Do let the person know that when seeking a mate, he/she needs to really pray and seek God's will for his/her life because he knows who is best for you. Remember beauty is vain, it eventually fades away over time, it is the beauty inside that radiates on the outside and last for a lifetime. The enemy has a way of manipulating people, even children of God in choosing the wrong partner. He will make you believe it is God's will for you whereas it is a big lie that will cause you heartache in the end.

Not to say the things that i wanted in a man was bad, it was good, but at that time, I didnt realize how shallow I became. I was seeking my will for me and not God's will for me.

God bless you.

Much love
Taykems.
sindy002
Thank you. I know you're right. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.