Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In The Beginning
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Bible Questions And Answers
Echooo
Please pardon my naivity. I trying to read the bible for the first time and really grasp it.

Gen 2:9 says The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Does that mean there are two separate trees? One is the tree of life and the other is the tree of knowledge of good and evil?
daughterofzion2011
Dear Beloved, I commend you on your desire to know about the God we serve through his holy word. My prayer for you is that his Holy Spirit will grant you divine knowledge, wisdom and understand as you study the scriptures.

To answer your question, yes there were two separate trees talked about that was located in the middle of the garden. The Lord commanded that Adam & Eve may eat of the tree of life only and not the latter.
As you read the rest of the book of Genesis, you can see that they disobeyed God by eating also the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and ofcourse that was how sin came into the world.

I hope that I have answered your question.

God bless you and take care

Shalom,
Taykems
NIGHTMARE
QUOTE (Echooo @ Nov 5 2008, 02:59 AM) *
Please pardon my naivity. I trying to read the bible for the first time and really grasp it.

Gen 2:9 says The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Does that mean there are two separate trees? One is the tree of life and the other is the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

QUOTE (taykems @ Nov 18 2008, 02:52 PM) *
Dear Beloved, I commend you on your desire to know about the God we serve through his holy word. My prayer for you is that his Holy Spirit will grant you divine knowledge, wisdom and understand as you study the scriptures.

To answer your question, yes there were two separate trees talked about that was located in the middle of the garden. The Lord commanded that Adam & Eve may eat of the tree of life only and not the latter.
As you read the rest of the book of Genesis, you can see that they disobeyed God by eating also the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and ofcourse that was how sin came into the world.

I hope that I have answered your question.

God bless you and take care

Shalom,
Taykems

The trees in the garden are not actual trees,,,,,God is using symbolism........Trees=people and when you read Ezekiel 31 it will show you,,,,,,,along with many other scriptures.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.