Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question About Marriage/divorce
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
chasingthesun
Hello all,

I have a odd situation. I have fallen in love with a female who a year ago went into a marriage for money so they male could get citizenship of a male into the country. I did not find this out until we had gone through a process of really getting to know each other for quite a while. here's the details about it and my question.

Is it wrong to be semi involved with her?

- Vows were not spoken at her marriage not did a church accept it or a pastor recognize it. There was no wedding ceremony.

- They only signed the court paper so he could cross over.

- They never had sex. They only met one time at the arrangement and never again.

I've searched all over the bible and this is a situation not covered. I have found the important thing is the vows and the union of flesh into one or consummation of the 2 into 1. That never happened. After it was done she realized how wrong it was that she had done. However in her state its like a year or more wait before you can file for divorce.

So I mean is it that wrong or against god if we are just kinda courting a bit? or emotionally involved? I know this would be wrong if it were a typical marriage however this is not a real marriage. I view it as a business agreement.

Input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

daughterofzion2011
Dear Beloved, you are very correct, this particular scenario or situation is not written anywhere in the scriptures. You have to understand that the bible which was inspired by God contains words of wisdom, understanding, knowledge etc on every single subject we face today and these words are there to help us in our daily christian lives.

Now in your case, we have to use wisdom to handle this situation. Now in the eyes of God, Marriage is a sacred convenant made b/w a man and a woman before God. It can be done in a church or in a registry(court, justice of peace) and it is still honored by God and the laws of the land. And of course both parties going into it are doing so because they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together raising a family according to God's plan for man.

With your friend, the type of marriage she has entered into is one of mutual benefit to she and her partner and that benefit has nothing to do with love, but Money and Naturalization or Permanent Resident in the country he currently resides. I want to believe in the eyes of God, this is not a real marriage but in the eyes of the courts and the appropriate legal authorities, it is legal and accepted. As far as I can see, it is truly a marriage of convenience and a business contract. However, having said this, if at the end of the day, your female friend and the said spouse decide to begin an intimate relationship with one another, this can change the status of their relationship and both may decide to invest time and effort in making the marriage a real one and if that happens, then it will be wrong for you to continue your relationship. But if you are confident that she has no plans to be involved with the guy in anyway other than business, then I believe its possible for you to court, but in the process of courting or having a decent relationship, abstain from committing the act of fornication and involve God in this relationship by praying for his will to be done. I believe the Lord will definitely guide you both in the right direction.

I hope i have been of some help.. God bless you and I pray that the Lord will take control of your case in Jesus name.

Much love,
Taykems.
JohnL
Is she still legally married or not to this other guy?
walkingwithangels
Dear Friend in Christ,

The main point is that she lied in order to have someone get into the country and did it for money. It was a fake union and marriage.
My question is: knowing this how can you trust her? And without trust, how can you love her? This person is able to do such things maybe she
can do even worst things. My advice would be to withdraw from this relationship until you are sure you can trust her.

God bless you

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.