Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Don't Know What To Do...
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
Deetra
I have a bit of a problem, and I know that probably compared to other people's issues it may not be that big a deal, but it is to me.
I have a problem of thinking about things that I know I shouldn't think about. I don't really know any other way to describe it. I know
it sounds ridiculous, but it really does concern me. I spend literally all day thinking about, various things, that I just shouldn't think
about. I don't know how to not think about it. Ok I know this sounds so weird but on the off-chance that someone understands what I
just said, I won't delete it... This isn't a complete discription of my mental struggles, but if you understand what I'm talking about please
let me know. It's ok if no one does, I don't even know how to describe it lol. I just sounds silly...
Flailing
Dear Deedra,
What type of thoughts are you having? Everyone one has lot's of different thoughts everyday. Are they of a sexual nature? Are they are harming your yourself or someone else? Are they something else? Everyone has these thoughts. There is a difference between having thoughts and acting upon them. But if they are interfering with your quality of live or causing you concern this it is appropriate it should be discussed. God wants us to be happy and lead productive live but the reality is that this is very challenging. If you could be more specific regarding the nature of your thoughts I would be glad to share my insight, opinion and experience if you allow me to do so. If you are not comfortable doing so I recommend you seek the care of a healthcare professional or counselor as writing your statement does mean you do wish to have some form of help. I will pray for you and hope to hear from you.
daughterofzion2011
Dear Deetra, your problem is not uncommon at all, Even though we are born again Christians, filled with the Holy Spirit and all, as long as we are still living in the flesh, our mind is still the battlefield between good and evil and we all have that tendency of thinking or pondering about things we have no business thinking about. That is why the word of God talks about the mind in Romans 12:2, Prov 23:7 etc. We can never live a fruitful and victorious life if we have impure and negative thoughts. You mentioned that at this point you literally spend all day thinking about things that you know shouldnt be on your mind and you cannot control it. Unfortunately, it is a problem that you cannot resolve alone. I will advise you to seek biblical counseling in your local assembly or any other christian organization and through the help of the greatest counselor, the Holy Spirit, your mind and spirit shall be set free.

Be encouraged, it is well!
JohnL
Deetra,

You seem to have the same struggle we all have including Paul. In Romans Chapter 7 he writes V18 For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot perform it. [I have the intention and urge to do what is right, but no power to carry it out.] V19 For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do, but the evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am [ever] doing. V20 Now if I do what I do not desire to do, it is no longer I doing it [it is not myself that acts], but the sin [principle] which dwells within me [[c]fixed and operating in my soul]. Amplified Version. I would also like to mention that we often hunger for the things we feed on. In the past I have learned to turn to the Word. I would read it slowly and outloud in my private time alone. Ask the Holy Spirit to feed your thoughts with the things you read on. Ask him to teach and guide you. The more I read, the less I dwelled on the things that I struggled with. This is called being transformed by the renewing of your mind. Also 'faith' comes by hearing of the Word. Hence the out loud reading. I hope this helps you my friend. I will be praying for you in my quiet time. God sees past the sin and struggle and sees your heart! You have a good heart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.