I have been married for a little over a year, and my husband continues to make his kids a priority over me. I know he feels guilty that he can't have them live with us, but we do see them every other weekend and all summer. This is causing havoc in our marriage. I'm about ready to call it quits. My husband can't say no to his kids, but one in particular. This is his youngest 13 year old child. The child rules everything when he comes to visit. We have to eat what he wants, watch the movies that he wants, do what he wants, etc. The entire time the kids are with us, my husband spends with his kids in activities that don't include me. If I mention any of this, my husband immediately becomes defensive. He doesn't see that he's being co-dependent and letting his children have power over our family when they're here. Even when the children are not visiting, my husband's whole world revolves around his kids. All his energies are thinking of ways to please them or looking for things for them on the computer, stores, etc.

I'm feeling very alienated by all this. I'm tired of getting yelled at everytime I mention anything about the way I feel and getting told it's my imagination and that I'm not being understanding. HELP