Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dissagreeing With Parents
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
binxy123
about two years ago i fell in love with a girl and i went to my parents to see if they could give their blessing in letting me date. they were not able to give their blessing. they feel that the girl is not the right one for me, would control me, and smother me. I know the girl for as long as i can remember and have seen alot of change in her life recently for the better. Im 20 years old. How can i handle a problem like this? I want to honor and respect my parents and yet i feel God's will is that we can start a pure holy dating relationship. I have told my parents that i desire that but they feel she isnt the right one for me. i feel controlled by my parents and its hard not to get angry at times. how can i show Christ's love? how can i repectfully date this girl and build my relationship with my parents to?
daughterofzion2011
Its really wonderful to see that there are still young christians like you who respect and honor their parents enough to inform them about who they are interested in dating.

Beloved, I encourage to spend time in prayer and let the Lord truly reveal if this is his wil. I know you did say you feel God's will about the courtship. But I want you to remember that our God is a God of peace and not confusion and so when you are following God's plan for your life, he makes everyone and all things to be at peace with you.

What am i saying, the Lord will cause your parents to be at peace with your decision on courting this young lady if she is God's will for you. Even if they try to be controlling, when the Lord is involved, it will only be a matter of time before the power of God takes over.

Also, I want you to place your self in your parents shoes, they may be looking at the girl's past character and therefore concluded that she is not right for you despite the changes or improvements she has made. They are naturally being protective.
Not to say they are right and that is why you need to seriously pray for the Lord to intervene.

So beloved, commit it to the Lord in prayers and see what happens.. eventually you will receive a response.

God bless you and I wish you well.

Shalom!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.