Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Facing Divorce
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Christian Advice And Encouragement
Jacket
I'll try to make this as brief as possible. Just at a point where I need some prayer, and really a chance to put feelings to paper and hopefully move forward. I have been married for 13 1/2 years, with 4 children. My wife recently committed adultry, and in the process, I found out that she had also done this back in our second year of marriage. She claims to no longer love me, and wants to leave. I have done everything possible to save this marriage, and it appears destined for divorce. Things are already going into motion. I truely feel peace that I am innocent, that I have tried everything asked of me by God to reconcile, and that she must now accept. I forgave her, and have shown her love over the last 2 months perhaps as I never have before, but she is "not ready" for unconditional love and seems to want to recapture her youth. It has been so hard to show love for her after this betrayal, but I know that Jesus could say everything about me regarding my relationship with Him that I could say about her. i have betrayed Him, I have lied to Him, I have been nowhere near what I should have been.
I guess my prayer is that I am able to accept whatever happens, because we all have free will, and the decision must be hers to stay. I will continue to show love, and will probably always love her, I am just fearful of the agony that I will go through as I watch her live a prodigal life.
If anyone else has gone through this, please keep heart. For, if none of us would have accepted Christ, He still would have died on the Cross to give us the opportunity to accept Him. And, if these past few months have been to give my wife an opportunity to accept my love, even if she doesn't I am ok with it.
I also need prayer in forgiving the person that helped her commit adultry.
Lastly, I need to be able to stay strong if God wants me to wait, or to accept healing and move forward if I am not to.

Thanks!

Jacket
daughterofzion2011
Dear Beloved, I really do sympathize with you. Divorce is a very devastating thing to go through especially when you have been married that long and with children. From the contents of your mail, it appears you have done all that you can possibly do humanly to regain your wife's love but all to no avail. At this point, it is in the Lord's hands. As you have indicated we have all been given free will and therefore, at this point you cannot force your wife to stay in the marriage if she is no longer interested.. All you can do is continue to pray for her that that the Lord will touch her. Please read Matt 5:32 AND I Corin 7:13-17.

You appear to be a strong christian and I praise God for that and as a result I know the Lord will give you the strength to go through this tribulation period in your life.
Dear Lord, I pray for strength, healing and the ability to forgive his wife and those who have contributed to the breaking up of this union. Oh Lord, I pray that you visit this family and begin the healing process soon and as you do this continue to work on his wife, your daughter and destroy every stronghold blinding her from seeing the truth in Jesus name.

It is well my brother, be strenghtened!

Shalom!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.