I have been married for a year and a half. My husband moved here from England to be with me and my family. He is from a very loving, over caring family. One like you see in a lifetime movie. They took to me instantly and treated me like I have always been a part of their lives...the problem however is this is not the case to him from mine.

I am from a very oppinionated, sort of man-hating family of ladies. I am the baby of 4 girls. My parents divorced when I was in high school. My sisters hate each other and the whole family talks ill of each other. Not on eof my sisters talks to my dad and they speak badly of him in front of the grandkids as well. I, however have always prided myself in seeing the good in every one of them. I have a relationship with all of them and always find forgiveness. I love them all.

When I met my husband it was instant love. I could not be without him and my heart hurt when we were apart. We had an intense attraction to each other and I truly fell in love with what a kind and gentle man he was. Before he moved here, when he would visit my family was very nice to him. They would take an interest in him and talk nicely of him when he was not around. I so badly wanted to live abroad, but my Husband did not want to pain me with home sickness nor have my family be angry with him for taking me away. When he arrived here, he could not work for the first year (waiting for his Visa) I was work all the time and it seemed that not one person would ever take an interest in trying to make him feel welcomed. No one would call him or invite him around or ask him how he was. He was just alone, every day. Naturally, we started to fight about it. He started to resent coming here. He started to resent my family. He was depressed and lonely and homesick. He gave up a booming career, a loving family and a great opportunity to travel with his work to be here and felt it was for nothing. It was only about 2 months after he arrived that we began to fight everynight. I did not know how to make him happy. I had to work!

We got married and it was lovely. His work visa was excepted and it seemed like things would be good. However, within one month, my step father passed away and it seemed that the whole family fell further apart.

There was a mold issue with our appartment building and we had to move very suddenly. My mother asked for our companionship in her need and so we moved in. Bad mistake. We lived with my mother for 6 months. My husband and I work opposite schedules and dont get to see each other as much as we would like. He would tell me always about how my mother would say horribly things to him or just nit-pick at him when I was not around. And then my mother would pull me aside and talk about him too. My sister broke up with her boyfriend and moved in one night. Within a week she was at my husbands throat. He calmly asked her to "shut up" one night and since then things have been really bad. We moved out on Christmas night. My mom was in a mood and just really giving out the attitude. He asked her why she was acting that way and all of my sisters jumped all over him. We left the house and moved out the day after Christmas.

It has been nearly 3 months and I have not been in contact with my family. It seemed like if I mentioned any one of their names it would cause alot of anger from my husband. I dont answer their phone calls because I am angry about how all of this has turned out, yet I love them and want to talk to them... but dont want to cause a fight. We have this lovely home that nobody, besides my father has even seen. It got to a point where we even talked about leaving each other because he does not have what he needs here...a loving family.

I dont know what to do. I have tried to tell them how deeply hurt he is and they all think that it is just him. He does not want anything to do with them ever again. We were talking about having kids before, but now we just fight about it becasue I cant imagine not having them be a part of that. Last night he was crying very hard and telling me that his depression has led him to thoughts of suicide. He feels that lonely. I offered to move to his town with his family, but he is just void. He is not even responding to me. He just looks blank and I need advise. How do I heal my husband heart...and do I just leave my family behind?