Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im In Trouble And Dont Deserve Help
Christian Forums > List Of Christian Forums > Prayer Requests Online
brettabbott
sad.gif I have a court case coming up and i am facing many years in prison. I have been out of touch with god for so long and i feel so ashamed of my life and my actions within it. I wish there wa someway for me to know that everything is going to be alright. I hired an expensive lawyer but without gods help i know that means nothing, i just ask that you pray for someone who has lost his touch with the lord and is desperately seeking it back. and also that his will be merciful upon me. I know that I deserve whatever happens in my life because of my actions but i really do repent and need his help as well as the fellowship and prayer of others.
Glen
Hi! It really doesn't matter what you've done, God will honor your prayer and forgive you. None of us deserves His forgiveness...least of all, me. He will help you. You will still probably have to serve your time in the legal system but, with His help, you can get through that and on to a new start. Spend every effort you can to draw close to God and He will draw close to you. With Him, everything is going to be all right.
Linda
smile.gif Dear Brett,

Glen's right; we don't deserve God's mercy, but He wants us to have it when we are sincerely seeking it. Your message reminds me of the Parable of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32. It's about a young man who went wrong and found himself in trouble.

God wants so much to help you that He sent His Son Who offered Himself as the atoning sacrifice to make that possible. The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus, also helps us when we've decided to do right and enter into a relationship with God.

I hope that you have a Bible, which is God's Word to us. (If you don't, let me know. I'll send you one.) It says, "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken spirit and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." (Psalm 51:17 NIV).

I will be praying for you. May God bless and guide you.

Loving Him,
><Linda>
christa
I certainly relate to your dilemma as I myself spent a few years incarcerated. Whatever you have done the merciful Lord has already forgiven you. Your sins are buried in the deepest of oceans. All you can do now is genuinely repent and pray with and open and sincere heart. God is in control not the judge. Whatever happens, just remember it is God's perfect will for you. If you have to spend time in prison just remember that you can cetainly draw near to the Lord in times of pain and hardship. Those are the times when we need Him the most. Prison can be used as a tool to sharpen you in many ways. Also remember that our God is a God of miracles. Put it all in His divine hands and allow Him to work the situation for your good. He is faithful. I will be praying for you. I have been in the same shoes and at times I felt angry at God because it felt like He had deserted me. I had in fact deserted Him. Seek Him now with all you heart and mind and He will show you his glory. It wont't be easy but you have much to gain. My prayers are poured out on you! Just know that you are NEVER alone.

Christa
brettabbott
unsure.gif thank you so much for your replies it helps that someone else in the world cares, I know that this is probably the hardest thing ill ever have to face god willing but it still scares me. Even if I know i will live through it, i have felt angry at gos at times even though i know its my fault sometimes its like i expect him to fulfill my prayers just because i expect him too, i feel bad and i wish these thoughts wouldnt enter my mind, Just please pray for me I have court on the 18th of december right before christmas and i wish that there was some way to wipe it all away. i am just going to keep my head up and in prayer. please feel free to write at any time i would love to keep contact and i think this is a great site for help!
Michi06
As Christians, we generally that people in need DO deserve help no matter what. Everyone sins, everyone has problems. It is impossible to be as perfect as God. I have faced many a judge in my day. Don't sweat it. Stay positive and STAY INVOLVED with the court and your lawyer. Make it clear early and often that you know you've made a mistake but would really like to be proactive in changing your life. See if your lawyer is able to make a deal with the prosecutor before it even goes to trial, if that's reasonable for the circumstance. Sometimes, if the prosecutor really feels that you really feel strongly that this is not just a hassle, but an opportunity for you to take a different path in life, sometimes this is inspirational and he or she may feel that you can lead a more positive life without harsh penalty. Like I said, stay in contact and in the know with everything about this. Talk to your lawyer. Make it known you want to change and for Pete's sake, make it believable. Make people believe you want to take responsibilty and change and that you believe this can occur in a manner other than hard time. I will ask God to show you understanding which you deserve and to allay your fears.

- Michi
chelsea2007
[font="Courier New"][/font][size="4"][/size][color="#FF00FF"][/color]

I will pray for you!!!! We do not deserve GOD's mercy and his amazing grace but GOD is a forgiving GOD and it does not matter what sin you have committed, GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU!!!! I have done some really bad things in my life before I started living for GOD and I still make mistakes because of my stupid old flesh in me but we have to learn how to crucify our flesh and the lust and affections that come with the flesh. I still make the wrong decisions in my walk with GOD but all I do is go to my closet of prayer and ask GOD to forgive me and try to do better the next time and GOD will forgive you!!!! Just ask GOD for his guidance and his help and he will sure enough give it to you!!!!

Chelsea

P.S. You're in my prayers!!!
Steve
Brett,
I spent a long time trying to understand what "God's grace" really means. You hear it all of the time, but its hard to grasp out of context of scripture. God's grace is "undeserved love." As sinners, we don't deserve God's love...but God loves us regardless of what we've done. We cannot be in His presence with our sin and there is no way for us to save and cleanse ourselves. But God sent his son to atone for our sins and this provided a way for us to be with Him (through our faith). I think Paul said it best:

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

You may feel that you don't deserve help from God, but He will help you if you ask Him. You may have a tough road ahead of you, but God will be there for you, Brett. And I mean every step of the way. God may use this situation that you're in to help you grow in ways that you never thought of before. I know that you are scared, but trust in God and He will see you through these difficult times. No matter what happens.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

I'll be praying for you in the coming weeks and please...keep us updated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.