IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I need a prayer, Peace and love in our home.
Guest_Paul_*
post Jul 24 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #1

Guests

My 15 year old son has been away for 1 1/2 years at a youth home for kids who have broken the law. It's a very tough place, with a lot of kids who are hard-core, mean and lost street kids.

I've been married for 23 years and I have 6 children. My 15 year old son is my 3rd oldest. The judge has allowed our son to finally come home. I guess we're going through an adjustment period, but no excuses - I was wrong, and want to be forgiven.

Last night he said things and behaved in such a way that I allowed myself to get provoked to anger. This is typical in a big family such as ours, but what makes this so different is that this is the first time I have been so angry with him that I physically lashed out at my son. He is just fine, and has no bruses or black eye's or anything, but still I struck him, and it made me feel absolutely awful! I never want to do that again! I really do love my son, so very much. Immediately following my action, I sat him down on our family couch, hugged him and we both cried. I appologized profusely and he told me that he just wanted me to love him. I appologized, and I told him that I did love him and was sorry for what I did. We both hugged each other and cried. My family was angry with me, and rightfully so. I was so wrong. It was awful and I felt so bad.

Please pray for me that I will never lash out at my son ever again and that I can have the faith to overcome this evil temptation that came into my heart and hurt our family!

Thank you for your prayers.
-Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Paul   I need a prayer   Jul 24 2006, 10:20 AM
- - Glen   Hi Paul! I'm so sorry this happened. I can...   Jul 24 2006, 04:06 PM
- - Cargo   Hi Paul Your letter is so close to what happened t...   Aug 1 2006, 11:03 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:46 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here