IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Love
brainybrian1
post Feb 20 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #1

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 562

the bible says love everyone so do we have to love the devil or hate him?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
semi
post Feb 21 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Brainy Brian -

The Bible does not in so many words say "love everybody" but Jesus is pretty specific in about judging others (Matthew 7.1 & 2). There is only one person in the world that you have the right to judge and that is one's own self. Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself which Jesus also expressed by "do unto others as you would have done unto you". In other words, before you do anything toward another, consider how you would like it if the roles were reversed.

Jesus was teaching mankind not Satan's kingdom who already have all knowledge respecting God sufficient that having rejected God, Satan's kingdom are all eternally lost. (By "Satan's kingdom" I mean Satan and all the billions of angels who rebelled against God - most of which even now hover all around each and every one of us.) These are NOT whom Jesus' admonitions are directed, He was speaking to every HUMAN being. However; the Wrath of God is primarily directed toward Satan's kingdom and effects us only to the extent that we embrace Satan's kingdom.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
LuzDeLaMundo
post Apr 28 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 730

So who and what is Satan? Satan was created by God, and he was the most beautiful of all Gods angles. God takes no joy in Satan's punishment, in fact it sadens Him. God doesn't want to see any of His creations in Hell, but He will not deny our freedom of choice, for that would be even less loving.
So your questions, are we to love or hate Satan? No easy answer. I kind of think of Satan as the school yard bully, for he makes life on earth miserable and convinces every one of the joy of sin and even the faithful fall for his lies from time to time. But at the same time, he is doomed, and at one time he was with God. To be honest, I am sad for Satan. While I hate what he douse in my life I know he is also doomed, and the tragedy is he doomed him self in his pride. How many of us are any better. Would one of us survive if not for the grace of God? You should be sad for Satan as you would for any one else who rejects the gift of God. For that is the feelings of God.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:50 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here