IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions About Familiar Spirits
jenn
post Feb 28 2008, 11:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 656

hi there,

my name if jennifer and i have some questions concerning familiar spirits. let me start off by explaining what has happened. my husband, son, daughter, and i moved into our house in april 2006. everything was fine. then in august of 2006, things started to happen. at first they were little things that we could explain away. but as the months went on, these things became somewhat paranormal, if thats what you want to call it. when this first started happening, there were sounds of someone walking in the house, but i blew it off as the wood in the floor contracting and expanding, things like that. i remember the first time that i realized that i couldn't explain it away. it was about 7am, and i just rolled over in bed, so i was somewhat up, and all of a sudden i heard a noise come from the kitchen. it sounded like something being dropped. so i got out of bed to check if out. well, the night before i put all of my kids toys away, and i remember that because i tripped over them, hahahaha, clumsy me!! anyway, that morning when i went to check out the noise, i noticed a toy on the floor in the middle of the kitchen that i know i put in the toybox the night before. i know that my husband and children were sleeping, so how did this happen. things continued to go on like that for a while with the toys. another was the smoke detector that kept going off. it would only go off briefly like if you were to push the tester button. so i went to the store and purchased a new one because i thought it was defective. i put the defective on in the basement and the new one in its place. well, sure enough, the new one did the same thing. i even had someone to come over to check to make sure that here wasn't a problem with a fire. other things that happen are: the faucet in the kitchen turns on sometimes. there is no way that its broken, had someone check that out too. i heard the back door open in the middle of the night, and i woke up my husband because i thought someone was breaking in, but the door was locked and unopened. the noises in the house became louder and more frequent. it sounds like someone is hitting the walls. we can hear someone walking upstairs in our children hallway and room at night. we thougt the noises comming from their room were from the kids rolling over and hitting the wall, but when they slept over my fathers house, the noises were still happening at night. i think what really started to grab my attention was when our dog ripley, who never barks, started growling and barking at the air, as if someone was there. the things that were are experiencing most recently along with the things i have already mentioned are even more disturbing. we have had our thermostat turned off in the middle of the night multiple times, only to awake to our house being 55 degrees. we also have had the baby monitor turned off in the middle of the night, which bothers me, because i use that to make sure i hear my kids when they need us at night. you physicaly have to push down the buttons on the thermstat and baby monitor to turn them off. i even thought that one of us was maybe sleepwalking, so i have stayed up all night to ensure that it is not us, only to find that these things were happening anyway!! my husband and i also have heard voices. we were in the living room deciding where we were going to move furniture about 9pm on night, and we could hear people talking and music, like a party. i thought one of the neighbors were having a party, i even went ourside to see if that is where the noise was comming from. upon going outside, there was no sign of a party anywhere. as soon as i walked back in the house, i could still hear the voices and music. my husband and i were confused. as we were listening to this, the music sounded very old, like maybe 1930'sor 1940's, however we couldn't make out what the voices were saying. i was kind of amazed over the whole thing, but at the same time it was creepy. then my son, who is 4 told me that he was scared to go to bed. he told me that the eyes look at him. now i know that he is 4, and has an active imagination. he also told me of a man in his room that has a boo boo on his head. i never allow my kids to watch scary movies. well, when told me that, i felt like i needed some help. its hard finding help with this sort of thing, people are so quick to either make fun of us or not believe us!! so one night i was watching tv and came across this show called ghost hunters. i got the idea from the show to take a digital recorder and try to catch an evp (electronic voice phenomenon). well, we did catch voices, it was creepy. since my family didn't believe that we were having probems at home, i had a recording to validate us. they were amazed. i thought it was kind of cool that we caught voices, but scary. then on thanksgiving of 2007, my sister brought up the problems of our house. we were discussing it, and out of the blue, my mother walks in the room and tells me, " the bible says: regard not familiar spirits"! now, we are very religious people, and i am not sure if what i did with recording the voices is the same thing. i did not try to call on spirits in any way. if there is a spirit in my house, it got my attention. so even though i am not sure if what i did was wrong, i have not attempted to record at all, because i beleive in the lord God and Jesus Christ and would never knowingly try to sin!! it seems like now, more things are happening in the house. i even went through the house with my husband and read Gods Prayer, and commanded whatever is there to leave in the name of God and Jesus Christ. now at night, something is touching me!! it feels like someone is touching my hair very lightly. about 2 weeks ago, i was laying in bed at night trying to go to sleep. i heard a man's voice say something in my ear. i know that is was not my husband because he was snoring at the same time this happend, that is why i couldn't make out what the voice said. i was not sleeping or dreaming, this happened!! i scared me so bad. i tried to dismiss it, and thought that someone broke in my house. i got enough nerve to check it out, and there was nobody. we constantly hear people talking and music. things being turned on or off, loud bangs, my husband heard someone crying, he said it sounded like a woman. i don't know what to do!! i do not belong to a church, so i don't know if someone will come bless my house!! i feel fine in my house at times and other times if feel threatened!! i'm not crazy or trying to get attention in any way. i just want this to stop!!

my questions are: what can i do to end the problems in my home?

when we recorded the voices of spirits, is that the same as messing with familiar spirits??

is contacting a paranormal center a sin because of how they try to contact the spirit that is present?

i pray every night that this goes away, and every night something happens. i do not practice witch craft or anything like that!! i have never even messed with a oujia board!! i know that something is here, but i don't know if its a spirit of a person who has died or a demon. i don't want to know, i just want it to go away!! please help me!!

thank you for your support,

Jennifer

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Feb 29 2008, 08:24 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Jennifer! You aren't seeking (kjv regard) the spirits, so I don't see any sin, here. You're not asking anyone to contact them. You'd rather not be in contact with them if I understand your post. Now, if one of you is inviting them or does want them there for some reason, this could be a very difficult thing to stop. I don't know what your family worship practice is, but I'd recommend you make a practice of worshiping Jesus together before bed. At the end of that time, I recommend you all pray in agreement for Jesus to bind all the evil spirits at your house, cast them out, and protect your family from them. I've prayed for this to happen and I'm sure others will do the same...since God is spirit, no one needs to actually be at your house for Him to do this. If you believe in Jesus, you know spirits are real, both good and evil. You also know Jesus has the power over them. So, praying in faith that Jesus cast them out will work. Now, I'm not God, but it may be that He has let this happen so your family would be drawn more closely to Him. So, as you're praying and worshiping together, you might want to ask God what He wants of you, too.

Please keep us posted on how things go. We probably don't need the details but just to know it has or has not stopped.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
Lilly
post Apr 7 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 705

Hi Jennifer,
I don't know a lot personally about spirits in a home, but one of my good friends told me of an experience she had had with spirits. My friend was a nanny for a couple that had recently moved into the neighborhood. My friend and the family were all very devoted Christians, and the family had two young children. Things started happening shortely after the family moved into the home, similarily to how you described your situation. My friend, who would stay quite late some nights, due to the hours that the parents worked, would hear very strange things. As time went on, they were able to see the spirit; it was a spirit of a man with a hat on. The spirit was very protective of the children, and often, my friend would see him standing at the foot of the bed at night. Although the spirit did not hurt the children, he did not seem to like the mother of the children, and one time tried to push her down the stairs. She said that she felt a strong force push her in the back, and she fell down the stairs, and when she looked up, he was standing at the top of the stairs. Well, the family talked to people in their church and prayed to God about what they should do. They decided to research what the history was on the house, and if someone had died there. A man had commited suicide there, in the childrens bedroom. The family then decided to strip the whole bedroom and see if they could find anything, and when they stripped the walls, they found blood. I really don't understand this, and how spirits can be in a home, but I do know it's true.

I am praying that God will keep you and your family in His care, and that He send the right people to help you.
God Bless,
Lilly

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:27 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here