IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sin Urgent Help Needed!, how to stop an addiction
stingray
post May 2 2008, 05:08 AM
Post #1

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 674

I am struggling with an addiction that i know is sin. I know it is wrong and i try and try to stop. I know that is it wrong when i do it and then after i have a hugh amount of guilt. I pray for forgivness and i pray for gods strength to over come this but with no success.

Does God forgive me even though i know it is wrong? Why can i not beat this? It is to the point that is is ruining my life my marriage and my business. Have i asked for forgivness one to many times? Has God givin up on my because i continue to do wrong? I dont want to continue iwant to stop but i can not do it alone.

WHAT DO I DO?????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post May 2 2008, 06:34 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Welcome to the struggle! You've asked the ultimate question every honest Christian comes to at some point. I have some good news and some bad. The good news is, God did not stop forgiving you. Jesus died once for all sin. The bad news is, you're still in the struggle, the one we all have, with our sinful nature. Paul wrote about it in Romans chapter 7, from vs 7 on. Peter spoke up about it in the Jerusalem council. John wrote Christians and told them that any of them who says he is without sin is a liar.

Now, for the really good news: If you were not solidly in Christ, you would not be bothered by your sin. The fact that you're concerned says He's working in you, both to desire and to act according to His goodness. Wait! There's better news! The fact that you care means He's winning the battle against sin in your life. Throw yourself on His mercy and resolve to fight this thing to the end. James 1:14-15 describes the sin process. The way to avoid sin is to fight it at the desire stage, before it gathers strength. When the tempting thought enters your mind, immediately put it back out by giving your thoughts over to Jesus and thinking of other interesting things that are good. You can't keep a bird from landing on your head, but you can keep him from building as nest. Let me admit, even after knowing this, I've occasionally allowed sinful thoughts to bear fruit...but I'm still in the battle.

The best news is...He has already won this battle. If you'll stay in it...His victory will become evident in your life. The more you fight temptation, the less power it has over you. The One in you has already defeated it. Walk in Him.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:37 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here