IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Week, I Lost A Friend.
christlovesu2
post Aug 28 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 871

This week, I lost a friend. She left her house the morning of August 20th, headed to work, and never returned home. Sitting at her desk at college, she had a brain aneurism. A beautiful life over in seconds...her family and friends left stunned.

What's life all about? At times, so fragile and fleeting. I'm left with so many questions in the wake of this week.

Have you ever wondered what heaven is going to be like...or if there even is a heaven?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 28 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

christlovesu2 -

I think you have about 3 questions. When I was a youth, there was a girl that I thought we might eventually get together and marry. She went off to Chicago to be a model. One night she died in her apartment of a "hemorrhage" (we called it then). Imagine my shock when I learned of it by reading it in the newspaper.

What's it all about? I don't know. She would have been one of the last people I would ever expect something like that to happen to.

Of God I have no doubt what-so-ever because He paid me a visit and spoke to me years ago. The reason He did was because I was getting way off-base in my walk and He instantly set me straight on the matter. That is to say, He was not overly pleased with me.

So His existence I cannot doubt but why He allows certain things to happen I cannot say exactly but the main motivation is the ultimate defeat of Satan and the rebel angels. However; are events like these connected? I don't know more than the simple fact that they are.

So then, I cannot doubt the existence of Heaven nor that He will eventually do every last thing He said He will do. When it's all over He will wipe away every tear and we will not remember all the bad things we witnessed and endured. Therefore; we will not hold grudges against or hate anyone.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
christlovesu2
post Sep 3 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 871

Thanks everyone for your prayers. It really means a lot to me.

I've been thinking about this whole "heaven" thing a lot, and my friend sent me a link to this website called lifeafterlife.tv.

It's a movie where people who have had experiences where they went to "heaven" and then came back to life, share their stories. Their stories really have made it easier for me to deal with the loss of my friend.

I guess I have a new hope that this "heaven" really does exist.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:33 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here