IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Has American Become Too Godless?, I am really concerned for our future
chisholm
post Apr 7 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 279

The fear by so-called forward thinking individuals that any Christian belief being demonstrated in any form should be dismissed as out dated, has reached epic proportions. I have observed many school officials today talking about how they are so even handed in their approach to religion. Yet it appears that Christianity is the first religion on the chopping block. The utter fear of offending anyone has taken the place of good sense.

I have reread some of the Founding Fathers remarks regarding religion and more importantly, the place God had in our country's beginnings. It is very disturbing that America has decided to declare a permanent holiday from God. I know there are many Christians that would debate this with me saying God is very strong in America. However, little by little God's word is being laughed at and chopped out of our culture. Today anyone professing a belief in God is considered out of touch with modern America.

I cannot see how the Lord can bless this country anymore. We as a culture have rejected God as our savior and think that everything good in American comes from us. Therefore, religion just gets in the way of progress.

I recently became a grandfather. I want my grandson to be raised with God's help and blessing.

A belief in Jesus Christ our savior is the only way to God's kingdom. The future of God's people in American seems to be deteriorating by the day.

What do you think? Is America strong enough to weather the storm of Godless individuals trying to take away even the slightest reference to God? Alternatively, is the mountain built against Christianity too overwhelming to overcome?

I want God to bless America but I am not sure if we deserve it.

Chisholm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
semi
post Aug 6 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

This is an unusual Thread in that no-one is in disagreement with anyone. Chisolm's comments reflect my own sentiments as do Glen's.

The Great Commission requires that we evangelize the world and make converts. We don't need to convert everyone but just make converts in every nation,, tribe, tongue. To obey this charge, we cannot help but offend some-one - most of all; Satan and his billions of rebel angels. They in turn inspire mankind to do whatever is necessarily to silence us.

Yes, we are very near the events of Revelation, in fact, we are witness right now to many of the conditions described about the End Times - which as far as I can see are all very close to being in place for the End to come upon us. I cannot see a single reason why the 6th Seal Event ccannot occur next Spring.

Will it? I have no idea - I just know that there does not seem to be anything preventing it.

The importance to us in all this is the same as what it has alwys been: that moment by moment we are making choices in our lives which either serve God's purposes or they serve the Dragon's. We are by our choices choosing sides in the conflict between God's Kingdom and Satan's kingdom.

Shalom.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:54 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here