IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alcohol, drinking.
Rating 4 V
ajbs
post Feb 21 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #1

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 250

hello ! Im new here as of today.I have a very serious drinking problem..it has affected many.last night was the last straw.again,I got completely drunk,dont remember much,woke up on the couch,got into a huge fight with my live in girlfriend,and was able to embaress her in front of her friends with this problem.I need help.Im a true believer in GOD.I pray everyday.its the strength Im missing.... I am destroying eveything.I am very concerned about my relationship of 2 1/2 years.along with other things.I have come here for help and support.please.I do not want to go on like this anymore.thankx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Overcomer
post Feb 21 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 251

What great news!!!... You admit you have a problem, you don't want to continue living the way you are, and your asking for help. You could have waited like I did and lost you wife, kids, home job, dignity and self respect.

I finally did seek help, but the defining moment for me was when I stopped asking God to give me the strength to quite drinking and began asking (praying) for the FAITH to know He can and will deliver me from my addiction!

I am still working to clear the wreckage me and my drinking caused, but today I have a growing relationship with God and I am sober 14 months today. By the way I am 39 and drank hard for 23 years straight. All thanks and praise to Jesus Christ.

+Quote Post
ajbs
post Feb 22 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #3

User

hello there !!! thankx for your reply....it just makes me feel so much better.I too have lost a wife,kid due to this , all though there was other reasons.(Im a musician).stayed 100% sober yesterday.0,nothing!went to church and prayed..ash wends it was.Im going to try your advice about praying for the faith that indeed GOD can help.what more power can you have behind you.congrats on your 14 months.thats great.had a normal conversation with the girlfriend.it went good as I was sober.change is coming.
so,23 years hard drinking?been like 10 or so years here.just didnt know when enough was enough.and thats it.Im not lgoing to loose anyone or anything anymore.thankx and praise to Jesus Christ !

+Quote Post
Glen
post Feb 24 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi! Sorry it took us so long to get back to you. Marsha and I were out of town. I'm glad Overcomer was able to encourage you. He is right! After 20 years of hard drinking and more depravity than I will describe, God led me away from my addiction...sober now for about 18 years. He used my wife of 20 years to give me the will to ask for His help. Overcemer's encouragement reminds me of the guy the Bible talks about in Mark 9:14-27.

The guy's son was deaf and mute due to an evil spirit. Jesus said, "all things are possible to him who believes...do you believe?" The guy blurted out, "I believe!" thought better of it, and said, "Please help me with my unbelief." What his guy did is what I think Overcomer is recommending. Not the faith to quit drinking, but the faith that God will give you even the faith you need. The guy's son was healed! God will do the same for you.

Congratulations on your first day of sobriety. When I started drinking, it was because I thought it would be fun. After almost as many years sober as drunk, I can honestly say all the fun happens when you're sober. I pray you and Overcomer are able to encourage people with your stories of sobriety for the rest of your lives.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
Adelaide07
post Feb 25 2007, 03:19 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 257

Hi ajbs.

If I were in your position, I would try and work out what was causing me to drink, i.e. frames of mind when consuming large quantities of alcohol seem like a good idea. To do this, you might have to straighten yourself up for a while (NO DRINKING!!, none. Period.)

Put your faith and trust in the Lord to get you through, that there will be something better waiting for you at the end.

+Quote Post
ajbs
post Feb 25 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #6

User

hello again !! I have made it through day 4 . 0 ..... I have had nothing ...its not been so hard but not that easy being that the person I live with and love has been out of town ...being alone for a couple days can be difficult .especially the weekend ..however,with faith,prayer and strength , I did it ....frames of mind ?? yes,I agree ...what I think has happened is that I have been so depressed for so long that I forgot what it was like to just be happy .....I went through a divorce a while ago ..have been hurt a few times in between and relied on that bottle for happiness ..so,while being happy, I still depended on that bottle ...makes no sense whats so ever ...as I have woken up the last few days, I have felt great physically ...mentally I just think to myself that "hey,everything is good" ..believe ...have faith.pray . I do and have prayed everyday for a long long time but now its on a higher level ..thankx ..your replies have helped much..on to day 5.sunday.GOD bless !!

+Quote Post
Glen
post Feb 25 2007, 08:32 AM
Post #7

Administrator

Wow! Congratulations! Remembering back when I drank, there were only 2 frames of mind that caused me to drink...sober, and drunk. There were situations that caused me to try (and often fail) to drink less. Those were business and high-pressure social situations, like, being around family, etc.
Come to think of it, there are now only two frames of mind that cause me to pray...happy and unhappy. In fact, I only pray when I'm alone or with someone. For those like you and I, who take things to excess, isn't it great that we can pray to excess and things just get better? Keep praying...God is helping!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
ajbs
post Feb 25 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #8

User

hello there again !! so,now I am completely confused .. as I said before,I live with my girlfriend for 2 1/2 years .. now she doesnt want anything to do with me cause I did a 180 and thats not possible ....Im lost ...as I have done this before I know ... and failed ... but I have all ready gone longer with out anything ......Im just so deeply hurt and dealing with this addiction makes it far worse ...have not touched it though ...why?? .....all I can do is pray ....which I have been doing ....Im just so confused right now ... do a positive and get hit with a negative ....how to deal with this is beyond me ... I better myself as a start and loose...

+Quote Post
Glen
post Feb 26 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #9

Administrator

I'm so sorry this is happening. Unfortunately, when we decide to change our lives, often the first thing we see is resistance from someone or something important to us. It seems as if our resolve is being tested. It sounds like your response is the right one...take it to God. If she's worried you'll fall back on the bottle, she will come back around once she sees you're serious. If she's worried you'll recover and not need her any more, she has an addiction called codependency. Don't confront her on this! Just stick to your prayers and your plan and rely on God to work out the details. He will!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
ajbs
post Feb 26 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #10

User

hello glen !! I believe you are correct .... it just seems strange to someone you love to actually be serious and turn around ... onyl time will tell .. its almost as if its some sort of test with a predictable ending ... not this time ........things have all ready gotten better ...overnight it seems ... perhaps she just can not believe what she is see'ing ..Im sticking with the plan .. as it is definately working ... prayer faith GOD ... its that simple ........ mind over matter ..... and best of all I feel great !!! I so thankful I found this forum...thankx

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:15 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here