IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Live With An Alcoholic
VIOLA126
post Jul 6 2008, 03:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 806

I'M A 46 YEAR OLD WOMAN AND MY HUSBAND'S AN ALCOHOLIC.HE DOESN'T PHYSICALLY HURT ME BUT I'M ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER.I NEVER KNOW WHEN HE IS GOING TO PICK ON ME NEXT.I FEEL LIKE I'M WALKING ON EGG SHELLS ALL THE TIME.HE ACTS LIKE HE HATES ME.MY WHOLE LIFE IS CENTERED AROUND HIS LIFE.I GAVE UP MY FREINDS, MY FAMILY,AND ALL THE THINGS I ENJOY DOING.ALL HE EVER WANTS TO DO IS STAY HOME AND DRINK;IT'S ALL HE EVER THINKS ABOUT.I TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING AT HOME,THE BILLS THE GROCERIES.I RUN THE WHOLE HOUSE.HE DOESN'T ABOUT ANYTHING BUT DRINKING.THE WEEKENDS ARE THE WORSE.THE MORE HE DRINKS THE MORE HE PICKS ON ME.HE TREATS ME LIKE GARBAGE.PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR ME.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KevinDT
post Jul 6 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #2

Veteran

Member No.: 753

prayer for u as u ask. may god help u and ur husband switly. if u need some advice or just need to talk. message me. ive dealt with quite a few alchoholics and drug addicts through my life. may god bless u and ur home

+Quote Post
semi
post Jul 6 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #3

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Viola,

Usually a person is an alcoholic like that due to a deep-seated feeling of failure and inadequacy. Try keeping your distance but also try to forgive him.

I pray that God gives you the strength to endure, the heart to forgive, the wisdom to know what to do and say, and above all; Peace, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
searching4truth
post Jul 6 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 808

Viola,

My prayers are with you for God's guidance and love to be with you and your husband. My best friend is in a similar situation and has started to attend Al-Anon and has found this to be a great support.

Take care and know that God is watching over you.

+Quote Post
Deb
post Jul 7 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #5

Veteran

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 6

Dear Viola,

"searching4truth" is right on the money. Find an Al-Anon schedule for your area. Try several different groups, if you are able. You might like some better than others, so if you try many than you can choose the ones that fit best for you. Or, if there are no Al-Anon groups in your area, check for Co-dependency groups.

You are not going to be able to 'fix' or change your husband. He has to want to do that for himself. These groups will help you learn how to take care of, and be true to yourself. It is not fair to be treated the way you are. Seek others who are in the same situation. It really helps to know that you are not alone and that there are others out there who can share their own experience, strength, and hope with you.

Good luck and my prayers are with you and your family. And, I pray for your husband for soon reach his "bottom," so that he can find the courage to seek help for himself.

--------------------
In God's Hands, Deb

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:06 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here