IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ii Samuel, discussion about King David
Guest_manafourme_*
post May 12 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi serious Bible students (if that's what you are! )
If you have read ( with understanding ) the life of King David; I would be interested in your thoughts.
In particular, II Samuel. 21
Starting with the famine in those days and King David inquiring to see why there was a famine.
Saul had slew Gibeonites ( Lot's descendents ) and apparently they were praying for retribution.
They asked to hang 10 of Saul's descendents.
Now, my understanding is that these were innocent men just minding their own business that happened to be related to Saul.
Without mentioning those times were different, how could this be justice.
Michal, Saul's daughter loved David, but when he left ( with her help ) he married two(+?) women, and Saul gave her to another.
The husband really loved Michal, but David took her away from him.
She was upset when he danced before the Lord but if one studies the story, you'll see where it is quite possible that Michal was angry for being taken away from a loving husband and 5 sons!
Perhaps it was'nt so much of her being disrepectful of God but rather she was thinking that here's David dancing in front of the Lord when he married other women yet dragged me away from a loving husband and sons.
Yet , it seems ( I could be wrong ) that she is treated like the evil woman when she may not have been at all.
All of her sons were butchered as well as the two sons of a concubine. Her story is so sad; I cried.
So what's with all these wives and concubines; is'nt this fornication or adultry?
And how is it not?
Don't pleazzzzzzzzzzzze tell me times are different; this was BC ; we still have the same old 10 commandments!!
Would love some thoughtful intelligent thought on this!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- manafourme   Ii Samuel   May 12 2007, 11:37 AM
- - Glen   QUOTE(manafourme @ May 12 2007, 12:37 PM)...   May 13 2007, 08:39 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:03 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here