IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please pray for myself and my son Cameron, Anxiety/Panic disorder
Carrie
post Aug 21 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

I have suffered from anxiety/panic disorder for the past 11 years. My son who is now 11, is also having the same issues. In the past, I could never find a good medication that I could stay on. There were always miserable side effects to all the different medications. I have learned over the past couple of years to deal with my anxiety/panic myself, through different relaxation techniques, prayer, and researching. However, it is really hard to explain to an 11 year old what this is, and how to handle it. I still go through spells myself, and right now I am in one. I am so worried about how to help my son through this, it is making my own anxiety even worse. I have a real tough time with the thought of medication for my son, being that I have already had to experience the horrible side effects of those medications. They fixed one problem, but started others.

Please pray that God will heal my son and I both. Pray that he will touch our lives and hearts, and simply remove anxiety, fear, worry, and panic from our lives. I know that all things are possible if we call upon the name of Jesus Christ. Please pray that God will help Cameron and I both through this issue in our lives, and either help us deal with it, or simply take it away.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Aug 21 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Carrie! I'm so sorry this is happening to you and Cameron. We will pray for you both. The only thing I could recommend with Cameron is for you to try and teach him when the symptoms subside. Then, when the attacks come, lead him through what you've taught. As, I'm sure, you know, he will not understand why this is happening or why the exercises work, but he can learn to trust that they work if you stay on course. We'll be praying! Let us know how things are working.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
Carrie
post Oct 9 2006, 05:22 AM
Post #3

I wanted to give an update to all of those who have been so gracious to include my son and I in your prayers. My son Cameron is completely over the whole panic/anxiety thing. I had taken him to about 5 different therapy appts. and the pyschologist really did not feel that he had an actual disorder, more of a bad habit. All of this started right before school began. It lasted about two weeks, and he has been anxiety free for the past five weeks.

I did have to get on a new medication for my anxiety/panic. However, this new medication has worked wonders, and I do not have all of the nasty side effects as with medicines in the past.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to each person that said a prayer for us. God is good.....and he can work miracles in any life. If you are out there struggling with a problem right now, I encourage you to give it all to God, and continue to have faith that he will take care of it, because HE WILL!!!

God Bless,

Carrie

+Quote Post
Glen
post Oct 9 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Praise God! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
star7
post Oct 26 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #5

User

Member No.: 57

ill pray for you,do you guys drink diet pops and sugar alot? My friend had those problems and did a colon clense and detox and too it all away.Medications is not a cure it just holds it back or makes it worse.I use to be in pharmacy business ,700 club talks about clensing causing alot of problems like you guys had.john wayne had 40 pounds of matter in his colon cloogedcolon cause alot of depression anxiety i did it my self and it worked if you have any questions let me know.It helped me and my friends remember genesis chapter 1 verse 29

+Quote Post
Carrie
post Nov 10 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #6

Star 7 & All - UPDATE!!!!

Thank you for the response. I have not been on here in a while, but funny you mention the pills, diet drinks, etc...I did have to get off the meds again, as always. They always fix the panic/anxiety but end up causing so many other horrible side effects. One, I gained 9 lbs in a matter of about 2.5 weeks and I workout 5 days a week for an hour and a half. I also could not concentrate at all. I jumped from one thing to another, to another....

I have heard about the cleanses and done them recently, but I am about to try another one. It is called the lemon, organic maple syrup, cayenne pepper cleanse. I have a friend that did that to cleanse and detox and she could not believe how much better she felt after 7 days.

NOW TO THE GOOD STUFF - Thank you for sharing and the support. I have been off my meds for a week today, and when I first decided to get off; I simply prayed. I asked God to help me overcome this without medication and horrific withdrawal symptoms as I have dealt with in the past. I MUST TELL EVERYONE TODAY; GOD IS AWESOME! Prayer is POWERFUL. I have had the last seven days with ZERO side effects from coming off this medicine. One day I felt a bit of anxiety coming on at work; I sat at my desk, shut my eyes, and just prayed that God would take control. GUESS WHAT? HE DID!!!!!

I hope everyone out there will read this and be touched. God has truly touched my life and answered my prayers. When you pray that request to him, you have to believe in him that he will help you. Lean on him and do not lose the faith.

God Bless you all.

+Quote Post
Guest_Owen_*
post Apr 8 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #7

Guests

Try Colostrum powder, take 15g per day, (3 x 5g) pure whole Colostrum (with a glass of milk), that will help you feel a bit more healthy. It has over 90 healthy nutrients in it, and they are micro-nutrients, so needed quantities are only 15 - 20g per day. I take it for athletic performance, so I take more. Good for internal health, and detoxification. Make sure it is pure, and not mixed with anything else.

Doctor's meds are useless, leave you with more problems guaranteed, plus they don't work. Ever noticed that, oh and ...you have to up the dosage, try something different etc...add something else on top, 10 years later, everyone finds the same thing. A lot of wasted time and misplaced trust in doctors, plus your head is struggling to cope with the chemical bombardment.

I'm glad you are working it through with God, I'm sure He will answer your prayers, He says he is a very present help in trouble.

Colostrum helps with mental clarity, so it will be useful for the confusion, well it helps me anyway.

I am all out at the moment, and I can tell the difference, I am tenser, and more easily fired up.

Seems to make you more sociable as well. I didn't know about what it was good for, but I took it for the immune system benefits, plus IGF-1 to help me recover from injuries. I was not aware of all these other health benefits.

I'm not saying it will fix your anxiety, but it will certainly make you more capable of working through it with God, who is there for us in our time of need. I'm pretty confident I will be on it forever, as long as it is available. I see it as something God has led me to to help me function better to serve Him.

Regards,

Owen.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:29 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here