IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Being Lead Of The Spirit, Following his guidance
hobbow
post Jun 25 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 368

I am a 49 year old woman with a situation. I am about to leave my good paying job and go to a place that I don't know very much about. To become a part of a man's life that is indefferent to me in a lot of ways. I am going to do this because I believe that this is God's will for me at this time.

I am constanly reminded of Abraham and his choosing the side that looked barren while Lot chose the fertil side full of lakes and green hill sides. God keeps assuring me that he has plans to prosper me and not to hurt me.

I am just a little nervous about the whole thing. I recieved his instruction to go in 2000. I first had to find the man and contact him and become reaquainted with him. He has asked me to marry him. He is not certain that it will happen because he has asked me before and was hurt. Presently, he is nice, corgial and welcoming but he does not lift a finger to assist in my coming closer. He promises to visit me where I live but never does.

I already know that he is a wonderful person. I just wonder why if this is God's will for us and my gut knows it why he does not make very much effort to met me in this.

I became afraid of what God will say next and stopped going to church. He still says what He wants though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlessedBee
post Jun 26 2007, 05:30 AM
Post #2

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 351

Dear Hobbow,

I have to admit reading your post raised some red flags in my mind, but how one interprets God's whisperings to them is a personal thing. What I can say, many times in the past I have fully believed God was leading me in a certain direction only to discover later that my interpretation was wrong. The flesh has a way of inserting its own spin on things, and it's not always easy to distinguish between God's leanings and our own.

Personally, I tend to be more cautious now, especially with major decisions. I think the first thing you need to do is make sure you are completely at peace with your decisions, i.e., if things don't work out the way you're hoping they will, will you still be happy with what you are doing? If this man never speaks or sees you again, even after you've made this move, can you live with the decision?

I don't know if God is telling you to make these changes or not, and He does make things work out for the best if we are honestly trying to do His bidding, however, the results might not be what we expected.

I will pray that the Lord will give you the strength, wisdom, and peace to make the decision that is best for you. God Bless.

Rene

--------------------
ReneM
Psalms107:20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

+Quote Post
Glen
post Jun 26 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Hobbow! I was going to put this eventually in prayer answers and miracles, but I believe it would help you to hear it.

When I was in Bible college, I heard so many people say God told them to do things that I began asking to hear His voice. I had heard Him before, but was seeking a closer relationship. After months of begging Him, he finally spoke to me. I asked Him to let me hear His voice and he said, "Will you do what I say?" After a shocked pause, I said, "Yes!"

About 2 weeks later, I was praying for God to help a student from China and her mother who were having trouble at the time. He told me to invite them to come live with us for a while, until they could get things settled. He reassured me several times that it was Him, and I even received a prophecy from someone who had no idea what I was considering and praying about. Still, I knew my sinful nature well, and wanted no doubts, because this Chinese woman was about 30 years old, single and attractive. I decided to set out a fleece before God, knowing He is capable of doing anything.

My wife is a very quiet and private person who often says no to even having social visits. She likes our quiet home life. She's also uncomfortable around hyper-spiritual people like the mother who would be living with us. So, I told God I would ask my wife, but do nothing to pressure her into a favorable decision. I knew if Marsha said "yes" it would be a miracle. I called her at work and asked her if it would be alright if they came to live in our spare room for a couple months. Marsha said, "I don't understand why I'm saying this, because it's not my normal position, but, yes, that would be fine." You'll have to go to One Story, Many Miracles to hear how the rest of the story went.

The reason I'm telling you this is because it's very important to be sure you're hearing God. He wants us to be sure when He speaks, so we won't do stupid, harmful things in His name. Even though I begged God to speak to me and promised I would do what He said, He understood and honored my desire to test myself and make sure I was hearing His voice and not the deceiver. It strikes me that you could easily do the same thing. God is fully capable of swaying this man as much as He did my wife. Just let God know you want to be sure you're hearing Him and not the deceiver, so, you want God to have the man go from "indifferent" to head-over-heals in love and actively helping you to move. If that happens, you'll know it's God. If not, you'll know you mis-heard. Read the story of how Isaac got his wife. I hope this helps!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 8 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #4

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Hobbow -

We moved to Las Vegas From Ohio 9 years ago last month (July 14). By the second month I was there I was ready to leave. However when you take all the money you have to move 2100 niles, you just don't turn around and go back. You can't.

So I began praying to the Lord to help us leave but for over 8 years we were there when "out of the blue" I was contacted that I had a pension coming from a place I quit in 1974. That was in August. It took us until November to find out how much was coming to catch me up-to-date. I had high hopes but the amount was $6569.20. I calculated every way imaginable but it did not appear to be enough becase in all the years we lived in LV we never had a car that was capable of making it over the mountains.

On top of that my wife totaled the car we had. 2 days later we had a better car than we'd had in over 10 years completely gone over by an ex-racing mechanic who bought the car for his daughter. But she didn't want it because it is a station wagon.

Our lease was to be up on Match 5th this year. And I dreaded the idea of signing another lease. In the meantime the IRS levied my wife's income for $7440 (I don't work, been retired since 1992).

As it turned out we got a reasonable tax accountant and he was able to show that we had earned income credit coming totalling about $8600. However; the IRS are poor losers so they still took out their $7440.

All December I was depressed until toward the end of the month when it occurred to me that if we could not afford to make it all the way, we could at least make it as far as Texas near our niece.

I got a "peace" about that idea, and immediately began packing and cleaning. We managed to pay off this car and hire a mocing company and were ready to go March 5th. What we didn't have was a destination - an address - so we had to have the moving company store OUR STUFF IN LV until we got one.

2 days after we got to our niece's, we found a house, went to look at it and put a deposit on it. Rent is $500 less a month than we were paying in Las Vegas, the neighborhood is peaceful and quiet - the neighbors not offensive, It cost us over $9000 to make this move and get settled here. Where did the money come from? God only knows.

After I was here about a week, I realized that this Briar Hill sandstone ranch-style is exactly like thiose I used to dream about when a teenager.

God is good.

Shalom.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:35 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here