IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Life Is A Mess, Divorce, no job, Moved, No Church
Guest_Laurie_*
post Jul 4 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hello There,

My husband is divorcing me and I don't want the divorce. I left last Saturday and moved from Shawnee Kansas to Connecticut to be near family. I have to find a job, a church and a support system. All my christian friends are in Kansas.

I still love my husband Jeff, but he won't even return my cell phone calls or answer my calls. He wants to divorce me and he is serving me papers. I feel like he used me, cause we had sex before I moved out. My heart is broken. I have been used and disposed of.

My life is a mess and I am having a hard time. I need God in my life. Pray that I find a church family, a job and a support system. I need to find divorce care. I feel so rejected. I know God will never reject or forsake me, but my husband has.

I just want the pain to stop. I just want to stop feeling this pain. I want to take the pain to God and have Him exchange it for his Grace. I gave my heart of 6 years to my husband and all he did was take from me, and now he is seeking other women.

I need help, please pray for me. Maybe I was wrong in the marriage, maybe the divorce is my fault, I could have been a better wife, but he was never a Christian husband, I am not sure what he is. I became a born-again Christian in the marriage cause the marriage was so painful, I didn't want to live.

So now I have God and Jesus in my life, but I am still hurting. I need friends, please who care about me in my life. I am pouring my soul on this electronic pray list, hoping that someone will help me with encouragement.

I need to know that Life will get better. Please pray for protection and guidance for me. My soul bleeds.
Laura
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Jul 4 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but things will get better for you. As you're probably aware, Paul says to new Christians, if your non-Christian spouse wants a divorce, you are to give it to them. Judging from your description of the marriage, "so painful I didn't want to live," this is going to be a very positive change for you. We'll be praying for you.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
BlessedBee
post Jul 4 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #3

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 351

Laura, I'm so sorry you have to go through this; I totally agree with Glen's post; give your heartache to God, and let Him guide you through this difficult time; You will be in my prayers. God Bless.

--------------------
ReneM
Psalms107:20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

+Quote Post
Guest_Laurie_*
post Jul 4 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #4

Guests

Thank you for your kind words. Yes things will get better. I just needed to talk to some Christians. It's not even been a week since I moved out from my husband, so I need to give it time and take my pain to God.

Thank you and God Bless you,
Laurie

+Quote Post
Guest_Owen_*
post Jul 14 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #5

Guests

Hi, yes it will get better. God cares about you, He won't leave you like this. I'm so sorry for you though, I can't imagine what you would be going through. I'll pray for you Laurie, during this time of pain. You obviously wanted your husband to be a believer, and if he is not, and has divorced you, you are free to remarry, says Paul. And you are better off, since what communion does light and darkness have? You are better off already having received the Lord Jesus Christ into your life and into your heart, if you listen to Him now, your pain will be less. So sorry,

Owen

+Quote Post
Steve
post Jul 15 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #6

Veteran

Member No.: 245

Laurie,
We'll be praying for you here as well. Your life is going to get better, because you have turned to God for help and He knows of your needs. It's a good thing to be close to your family too, because they are going to be a great help to you during this time. I won't promise that it will be easy for you in the coming months, but God will be there for you in so many ways. As He comforts you during this time, remember how He helps you, because one day you may be able to comfort others through your experience. I just know things are going to work out for you. Just take one day at a time and have faith in God. You will get re-settled, find a job, and you'll find a good church home. There may be times where you'll have some doubts or get inpatient, but God will bless you according to His will and timeline.

We're all here for you too, so you're never alone. There are a lot of great people here to talk to and there are lots of prayers going up for you tonight. Take care.

+Quote Post
drawingboard
post Jul 23 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #7

User

Member No.: 34

First I would like to tell you that I love you with the love of God. You have my support even though I'm not in Kansas city. I have prayed for you and I trust that God is in the midst of this. who knows-----your husband may be saved from you being strengthened by God because God is on YOUR SIDE. God is very just and fair and he will not let us take more than we can handle. I understand that you are hurt and it hurst my heart to hear this news but I trust that God will deliver you from all of your current fears. Keep your head up.

psalms 24:9

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 5 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #8

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Laurie -

You didn't say how long you had been married and I guess that really doesn't make any difference because when someone you trust betrays that trust there is a depth of hurt only time will erase.

May the Lord comfort you and enfold you.

Shalom.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:50 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here