IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Need My Faith Back, Theirs war and science and I'm loozing my faith and worse help me
Glen
post Aug 13 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #21

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Back when there wasn't so much gee-whiz like we have in the US, today, people relied on God a lot more. Now, we have to exhaust our entertainment, money and technology before we'll even seek a solution outside ourselves and our governments. Once we reach the end of ourselves, we get a golden opportunity to glimpse God at work. Sounds like you're at that point, Owen. Keep your eyes open for miracles.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Owen_*
post Aug 13 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #22

Guests

I can see I am heavily reliant on God for everything. Really, I am very reliant on Him, I can see that now, what is hard is that He lets things happen which aren't even your fault, and this doesn't seem fair.

And we are talking about a whole young life ruined here, and He has just let that happen. I mean I am left to pick up the pieces of a broken home, and also a life-threatening vehicle accident here as well, and people are mainly too busy to help me, or just don't really care deep down for how I am feeling at all.

I don't know, I guess I am just tired of everyone having problems, and now I have problems, I feel sorry when others have problems, I guess we are just all sick and everything, I don't see much hope for the future, but I will endure it to the end in any event, simply because I have faith, and even though Heaven seems a far way off, and unattainable even, I just have to hope and pray that I won't be left outside there.

Very hard at such a young age to cope with these things with no proper supports in place. Very hard, and I feel for others as well going through difficulties also. I really do, I know what its like, its not nice.

I did see Gods love in it all though, I guess I realised that God didnt do it, Satan or his helpers did, and God lets us be afflicted in Hope, I was reading.

So maybe he hopes for us, that we can overcome it in His strength. I will leave it at that.

Thanks for all the help,

See you on the forums, nice posting Shalom.

Owen

+Quote Post
Guest_Owen_*
post Aug 14 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #23

Guests

I will add something else too for anyone that reads this in future:

Last night was a terrible night for me (I'm in Australia), very bad indeed to get to this point, and I blamed everyone else, but you know having come through the other side, I realise this very important thing:

It is a consequence of my own doing, my own sin and stupidity and foolishness that has brought this around. Even though I was not in a fit state to be making decisions, which is why I say this is not my fault, and not right, it was a decision I made that has brought all this on myself. I deserve it, I have asked for forgiveness from God, and He is faithful and just to forgive this sin, but you know what...forgiveness in God's eyes doesn't make this go away, I still have to live with this...

its called consequenses, and I was too young to know at that time, I have been taken advantage of, but still the consequences are on me, and for everyone else to see as well, which is embarassing, really embarassing. I have done wrong, its just one of those things that God has let to happen, and I have brought shame on myself, I hate myself for what I have done, and its so bad that I will not be able to forget in this lifetime.

I don't know what to do, It just doesn't leave you alone, I will be guilt riddled for life, but I shouldn't be, since it wasn't my fault, I was not in a position to make decisions, and plus I was so young at this time, and so much bad stuff happens in your life which is distracting from these important decisions, I guess I will have to put it down to experience, and know that I have the Lord's forgiveness, even though I do not deserve it, I should pay, but I just can't handle paying anymore, I just don't have anything left in my body to endure suffering, I will crumble into a miserable heap if I continue with this guilt here. I'm sorry God, for what I have done, really truly sorry and hating myself, and wanting it all to end this is so bad. Really I see why I deserve destruction right now, I have not done the right thing with what God has given me, but still I can see why there is grace too, it was too much for me at that time, I was not equipped with any knowledge of my wrongdoing, since the worlds way was prevalent, and I didn't have the parental guidance I should have had because my parents split, so these things are allowed to happen. Now, I really don't know why God allows this, but Jesus said it was because of hardness of heart.

Basically, there was no chances there of me doing the right thing, I had been corrupted, I partially corrupted myself in a way I suppose, but my way of thinking just did not see any wrong doing in what I did. In other words I was lied to, or I lied to myself, there was so much happening with me finishing high school, and getting over drug use, family breakdown and criminal things, that there was just no room there for me to understand what was going on when this thing happened. It's just one of those things, wrong places, wrong people, wrong time, everything about it was wrong, it was so wrong, I was so wrong to do it, SO wrong, and I deeply regret it, I have so much guilt and consequences, but seriously, even though I was not tempted above what I was able, I did not know right from wrong at this stage, because parents had not taught it to me, and I had been left to raise myself practically. The world half raised me, television etc... and it is no good thing, Paul said in the flesh is no good thing, I can see this. I had no guidance, I don't see how I can be held to account for this even though it is my sin, I hadn't been taught right from wrong, it doesnt seem right or fair to me.

What do you think Glen and Shalom?

Either way, I truly realise what the Son of God has gone through for our sake, he was spit on, cursed at etc...it should have been me there, and not Him. I don't know, I guess I'm sorry that my sin helped put Him on the cross, the just for the unjust. I am definitely unjust, but I don't feel it was my fault with everything considered. Yes, I was tempted, and I should have said no, but God's version of tempting, and what the world says is acceptable is like yes, lies and light, and I was raised in a world full of lies, and have not been able to see this until I have matured.

I don't like that you have all these consequences before you have matured properly, and haven't had parents teach you the rights from the wrongs properly, it doesn't seem to good, not sitting too well with me at all.

Anyway, I sorry for my sin, I'm sorry to the Son of God, I'm sorry to God that I sinned, and brought this shame on myself. I don't know whether it will go away or not, I hope so.

Owen

+Quote Post
Glen
post Aug 14 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #24

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Owen! Your most recent post seems to be in the right spirit, but your posts have gone back and forth quite a bit. Read what you wrote since the beginning of this topic and then consider my suggestion. My suggestion is this...please reconsider the prescription you've been given in the past. If you've stopped taking it, start again. If you are taking it, see the doctor and let him know it isn't working. I'll be praying for you.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 14 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #25

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Owen -

I agree with Glen on this one. Brain damage results in chemical imbalances in the brain. Proper medication may very well be the key. However bad your brain damage may be, it is not as bad as John's which has also left him with an arm that shakes and causes all sorts of accidents that damages furniture, the house, and results in some serious messes we have to clean up.

He is on some pretty serious medication that requires periodic testing to regulate the dosage or change the prescription. He is not capable of carrying on a sensible conversation on a forum - not that he is stupid or utterly helpless but that his reasoning fluctuates and in some ways he still thinks like a 12 year old boy. The things that interest him are very much the things that interested him at the time he was hit.

Yet, John is positive and otherwise very bright - just not able to compete in the job market with normal people. If he could succeed in the work place, he would only get a minimum wage job which would dis-qualify him for government assistance - in which case he (and we) would be worse off than at present.

I realize this will not be all that encouraging to you but as bad as I may have it, when I look around I see many people I would not wish to trade places with - and many of them have no disabilities what-so-ever.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 14 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #26

Advanced

Owen -

You have blamed God for this as if God has caused this situation. Well, many people do because if we believe in God, we also believe He is in absolute control.

It follows then that He allows these things to happen. This raises questions as to why God allows evil to exist and why do bad things happen to good people?

We are mere fleshly beings - the product of God’s Creative process who have souls only because God has imparted them to us. In the end, He will take those souls back. What He does with them at that point is also in His hands.

As such, we do not see the “Big Picture” where-as He does. However; He has given us clues to all of this in the Bible and when we have read many things there-in, the Holy Spirit quickens us to a better understanding of the “Big Picture” - although not necessarily a complete understanding.

Satan’s kingdom is not made up of one (Satan) but includes billions of angels who have deserted God to follow their own wills - many of them almost as powerful as Satan. Think of his kingdom as a hierarchy like a pyramid with Satan at its apex.

Satan’s kingdom is here on earth where-as God’s Kingdom is not only in Heaven but in our hearts if we accept Him.

Satan’s Kingdom is here on earth - which we know because Jesus told us Satan’s throne is here on earth (Rev. 2.15). Jesus also called Satan “the Prince of this world”, “of the air”, etc. Of Satan’s kingdom is here on earth, it explains WHY evil abounds on earth.

It is true that God could prevent all evil but He will not because the time has not yet come to judge all those evil spirits. Where-as when God could prevent a bad thing from occurring He often does not because that would undermine His Plane with respect to judging Satan and the rebel angels once and for all time.

As a result, THEY are the one’s who cause bad things to happen to good people while God may only intervene enough to spare some-one’s life - because God will resolve all issues late to the joy of His Creation.

In the course of this, if we learn nothing else, we learn to hate evil as much as God does. And if so, we will not receive the same condemnation that all those evil spirits will.

In the meantime, the more we endure in this life, the greater our reward in the next.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
Guest_Owen_*
post Aug 14 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #27

Guests

Hi,

I do not have any prescriptions, my doctor doesn't want me on anything. Drugs dont solve problems either, there is no chemical imbalances, but imbalances in justice, that it will take 3 - 4 years for all the court cases to be over relating to the accident, before everything is put right. Also, my face is smashed, I am having surgery with world renowned surgeons soon as well to sort out this problem.

The medications caused these problems, I took them in high school (hence why I say I know drugs), and I have never been the same since these antidepressant tablets, I have even been in a mental institution. I was fine before these pharmaceutical drugs messed with the chemicals in my brain.

Now the doctor says no more drugs or chemicals in my brain, let me heal naturally, and that is what I am doing by continuing with my studies.

The reason for my depression is acne, I have terrible acne, I am going to the doctors today to get some cream for it. But also, I am guilt ridden and imbalanced because of drugs in high school. This is bad, I can't handle it, no doctor medication fixes it (believe me I have tried, I could give you a list of one in most classes of these drugs), they do not work for me, everyone else I know says they work, and then change, THEY DONT WORK, USELESS WASTE OF TIME.

I will try the skin cream, but my brain damage is not chemical imablances, it is an infarct, a heommarage, and it only affects the part of the brain that controls balance, coordination and speech coordination. It is only mild, not severe enough to stop me doing anything, I am fully functioning and fully able to do university studies.

However, it is the guilt that I am telling you about, not chemical imbalances, it is guilt of me having done the wrong thing, this guilt I have to live with forever, this is guilt because of sin, I don't know if anyone tells you guys, but drugs do not make problems go away!

And, I have no prescriptions. All medications have been stopped for me since this accident, because of the damages they have done to me. I was a normal boy before the doctors have played with my brain.

This is not cool, do not think I will be going down this road again.

Thanks for the advice, but in this area, I have been around the block a few times, and drugs do more harm than good. Once people realise that it is not chemical imbalances, the world will be a better off place. Don't trust your brain to science, I am living proof why not, obviously this is what God wants for me, to stop other people letting these bad things happen, but like I say, my doctor has not prescribed me anything, I am just guilt ridden because of sin.

And drugs well, I don't know why you endorse them for this, you want me to turn off the guilt by taking a tablet, well I don't believe this is what God would want me to do, I think they distract you from what is really going on.

It is people like you guys supporting the use of drugs that has young people like me with all these problems, instead of fixing them the natural way. No offense, but if you contine to support their usage like this, watch the problems escalate as more and more young people have their natural chemistry messed with.

This is totally evil in my eyes, I don't know why it is not the same in your eyes. Its no wonder I am waiting for all this to end. But I will get compensated for the injustice of the person going through a stop sign into my motorcycle, and I will finish uni to get on with my life, maybe this will help with the imbalances and problems I am going through, once all these problems have been addressed, I should be alright, and meanwhile I haven't messed with my brain chemistry any more, which will only mean good things, and not bad things.

I know because I am living proof (yes lucky to be living proof) that drugs are bad, whether you buy them from a chemist or from a street dealer. Believe me, these "prescription" tablets are doing people more harm than good, allowing society to continue with their sinful ways, and distracting the youth from being able to stand up against the wrong.

And btw, everybody I know that is on antidepressants or doctor prescribed oral brain chemical changing tablets is in big trouble, like barely venturing outdoors or unemployed. They too argue with me about how "you have to find the right one", I go and visit this person, and then wow guess what "I've had problems with my medication, I'm unemployed now", you know, this is wrecking this young guy's life here, but still even you guys endorse it, when it is not from God.

Do you know what is from God?

Your natural brain chemical reactions.

You know what that poor young guy needed that Shalom is talking about is a whole lot of love, help, support and people there for him, sympathizing etc..., making life liveable for him. Instead the doctors just pump him full of things that change his reactions to mean that people are released from their responsibilities to do those things for him, he has the drug now to make him feel better. Its a way for society to get out of cleaning up its own messes, even a way of getting them out of helping to make society a better place for these kinds of people, its just a way they can do it, make money doing it as well, to make them feel like they don't need to address the problem anymore.

Well, after many many long months of waiting, I finally have letters addressed to me in regards to having long awaited facial surgery for reconstructive efforts on already half-mended fractures, and mild facial nerve paralysis, and I am sure this reconstructive (not cosmetic) surgery will prove useful in correcting the imbalances I currently experience with one side of my face being broken and crooked, the other side being straight and already mended.

I don't know who tricked you guys into helping to endorse these products, absolutely no offence meant, but it is unscriptural if you want a Spirit controlled Christian.

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 15 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #28

Advanced

Owen -

Personally, I am opposed to "popping pills" to "solve" problems. I am reluctant even to so much as take n aspirin when I have a headache.

But the "flip side" of this is that I have also witnessed (for many years) what happens in John's case if he misses a pill. If it were possible at all, I would recommend a gradual reduction in dosage in the hope that he could stop using at least some of them.

I don't think prescriptions are the answer for every situation, but there are many doctors out there - trained by a system that puts it stock in pharmaceuticals, who too quickly prescribe drugs when perhaps only therapy and good counseling is all that is needed.

I am sorry for your situation. As for your feelings of guilt, it is time to put those away. Pray to the Lord, ask His forgiveness of your prior drug use, and cast your guilt upon Him, that is what He died in the cross for.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 15 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #29

Advanced

Owen -

Oh - and I pray that your reconstructive surgery is a complete success, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
Guest_Owen_*
post Aug 15 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #30

Guests

Hey, Thanks semi (Shalom),

I prayed for you as well before, since I saw you pray for everyone else, and I know of the tough things you are going through also.

I will put the guilt away if I can, knowing that I have forgiveness with what God did on the cross there through His Son, well at least I am more reliant on Him, and very sorry as well, I suppose I can try to move forwards, rather than looking back now, these old things are finished now, aren't they, we have new life.

So, thanks Shalom,

and for John, I can personally say going on the pills in the first place is the worst thing (the body conditions to them, and then you see the withdrawals, making the doctors case look quite good I must admit that pills are needed), but as you say, its easier than therapy and counselling, but at least here (I guess I am taking advantage of the wisdom of yours and Glens years), I do not have to pay for the counselling, and it is better anyway. I am sorry for what he is going through in any event, and can say I am sharing similar experiences, not as severe, but I'm sorry anyway.

Owen

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:46 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here